Coleman dual fuel lantern problem

scunnydelight

Hi

hope this the right place to post, I went to try my lamp which has been stuck in shed for a over a year without use, and when I try to pump it up the air will not go in. obviously something has blocked up with it not being used (there was still some fuel in it) I cannot find my manual leaflet that came with it. I can get the first part of the pump oot but that leaves a rod sticking out which somehow needs to come out and be cleaned I assume.

does anyone know how to get this part out of the lamp.

thanks

who cares what size it is, as long as it's a fish.

have you used it before? ,you have to "unscrew" the pump knob a turn or so before it allows air to go in the tank when you put your finger over the hole.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

have you used it before? ,you have to "unscrew" the pump knob a turn or so before it allows air to go in the tank when you put your finger over the hole.

Guess what, who's a stupid idiot. :rolleyes: it's been so long since i've used it I forgot thats what you had to do. At least I can now use it. :wallbash:

who cares what size it is, as long as it's a fish.

I've just never seen the benefits of those Coleman stoves. Too unreliable and far too much messing about for my liking, much prefer my cheap gas burner it works a treat every time.

I've just never seen the benefits of those stoves. Too unreliable and far too much messing about for my liking, much prefer my kelly kettle it works a treat every time.

:P :P

Seriously though I just can't be bothered to take a stove, pans etc etc. Pot noodles, pasta and cous cous for me!

Rich

Rob/Richard,

You two do know the difference between a lantern and a stove, yeah? If not, could you please post some video clips of you cooking your tea on YouTube :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Rob/Richard,

You two do know the difference between a lantern and a stove, yeah? If not, could you please post some video clips of you cooking your tea on YouTube :D

When my kelly kettle is going it is both a stove and lantern with the foot high flames coming out of the top! I've got a picture of that if it helps :P

Rich

Doh!

Having said that isn't it just the same device with a different burner head?

Too much hassle, expensive and unreliable still imho.

After owning a Tilley lamp and an Anchor lamp I can assure you that a Coleman Duel Fuel lantern can not be described as "hassle"! A few pumps, push the electronic ignition and bingo, light (and heat), even out on the beach in a winter howler.

I liked it so much I also bought their dual burner stove for camping. No more getting ripped of by the welshman who has the only shop for ten miles that sells butane or propane refills! It's not got the luxury of electronic ignition like the lantern but it's still a doddle to operate.

Camping?...electronic ignition?...something not right there! What ever happened to rubbing two Girl Guides together (wasn't it?) to make heat?

Geoff