Bite Indicator Question

Del_R

Yep, it's really easy to make them.

Posted Image

As regards the rubber band, yes it is another way around.

There's nothing superior about how I fish, I just fish without going over the top with gear, there's usually a way to adapt things, but like I said to be able to use the back stick for indication it needs to be upright and you need the room to do it. Not easy in most pegs I use.

[ 20. May 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUDGIE:

Nugg ,allthough I enevitabley use them up right I dont understand why you say the rear rod rest needs to be upright for using an indicator on?

I mean in restricted pegs where you can just fit the rod because of the slope of the bank or reeds and trees/bushes etc.

Not having a go at you, but how would you use the back stick in cases like this, any suggestions welcome.

Posted Image

Sorry mate still dont really understand,I may be being a bit thick here or simpley have the wrong end of the stick (no pun intended!).

A drop arm indicator merely needs the rear rest as something to anchor it to at the right level in relation to the reel spool.Sorry cant make this easier by posting a picture.Even when using a drop arm indicator/alarm (Ghetto Blaster/Back Bitter) you can still adjust the alarm so that the arm can remain in the correct position regardless of the angle the body of the alarm is at.If you cant get a rest in ie if its a really awkward bank and you have to rest the butt on the ground you cant obviously use a rear alarm.You can still use a rear indicator though.You simpley dispense with the rigid arm and use a length of cord.The end is pegged to the ground and the "head" of the indicator set up in exactly the same way as normal.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE:

A lot of my mates(including my brother who is deaf) have used/use the Ghetto Blaster.

Oi do you mind?? talking behind my back again!!

:D:D:D

He showed me how to convert a bite alarm and I was then able to go home and do the rest by myself quite easily.

Thanks mate.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Peter Waller:

The simple solution, and you'll probably catch more pike, is to lure fish!! No alarm problems there    !

Yup and you will end up being addicted to lure buying and making and end up totally skint!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!