Help the Indian poor

kleinboet

We have a new plea on the telly about a six year old girl who does all the housework, washing, cooking etc. and the man said just 50p a day would support her, educate her and keep her in health..............

Hang on a minute - Incapability Brown gave them 15 billion pound last year!!

The entire population of India is 1,100,000,000 so divide 15 BILION by this amount you get about £2,727.00 EACH which means that this man saying that 50p a day is what the little girl needs, that share of the money should keep her going for about 7,5 YEARS!! As I am sure not EVERYBODY in India needs that money, her share could be more!!

Maybe my maths aren't right!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go another locked thread coming up :headhurt:

I don't think so, not this time.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

As I said, maybe my maths are suspect. However, I thought MR Brown (who doesn't tell lies!) said it was "for the poor in India, which will whittle down that 1,1000,000 quite a lot!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I agree KB, these TV appeals are a right pain.

Have you seen the ones where they show a doe eyed puppy, or 'cute' looking kitten and say they need money to look after them.

Then they have the cheek to ask me for £2 a month towards their keep!

I don't have pets, I don't want pets, so why should they expect me to help pay for someone elses mistake.

They should be made to take out insurance cover in case they are not able to look after them at a future date, and have them doctored to cut down on strays roaming the streets.

I know what you mean about these kind of appeals KB. Bloody cheek. :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Another case of trying to provoke a response.

Probably from someone who really would rather see the starving die. I'm not one of them.

So the government of India is corrupt... perhaps we should look closer to home before pointing fingers.

Apart from which, the moneys we give in foreign aid come with strings attached and produce a revenue for the UK.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I agree KB, ...... a right pain.

John.

Absolutely

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"