Help the Indian poor

kleinboet

And India asking US (the plebs) for MORE money?????

India, the government or some charitable organization? I see a big difference in the two approaches.

We have a long running series of adverts (at least 15 years with periodic short burst of TV commercials) from a group named The Christian Children's Foundation that concentrates its efforts (or at least the ones they advertise here) in South & Central America. It sounds much same in that for a smallish contribution each month I can provide food, clothing, education, fresh water, etc. for one of the children they feature on the advert. Same presenter and same kids each time so they have to be in their 20s by now.

I don't get insulted but I don't throw money at them either.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input Newt. I was beginning to get paranoid, thinking this country is the only one targetted. I watched the news yesterday and saw pictures that disturbed me:

In the aftermath of the French decision to close the camp near the Chunnel to stop illegal immigrants getting into England, the inmates rioted waving signs, one of which said "We want our human rights"

I thought France was a member of the EU and was a signature to the humans rights charter!!

I am just sick and tired of this country being used as a meal ticket by those who could earn elswhere!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Thanks for the input Newt. I was beginning to get paranoid, thinking this country is the only one targetted. I watched the news yesterday and saw pictures that disturbed me:

In the aftermath of the French decision to close the camp near the Chunnel to stop illegal immigrants getting into England, the inmates rioted waving signs, one of which said "We want our human rights"

I thought France was a member of the EU and was a signature to the humans rights charter!!

I am just sick and tired of this country being used as a meal ticket by those who could earn elswhere!!

The people who earn arnt the problem Its the poeple who don't who are.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Well said!

Go and buy some energy for an old Brit who can't afford to heat their home because their savings have been devalued by wage claims of their selfish 'brothers'.

If you want to give to a charity, think about the RNLI of some of the ones that look after our immobolised ex servicemen.

As my savings have been seriously devalued by this government, I'll look after myself first and would encourage people to do like wise in Britain.

However, I do contribute to the RNLI - although that is true altruism as I cannot foresee a time when I would ever need their services, and for parental reasons, I am an active member of the RAFA.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Guest Rabbit

Drifted off topic on your own thread too :rolleyes: Moved on to illegal immigrants,,,free meal tickets et all.

BUT

I was pretty astounded by the figure of £15 BILLION pounds as to an aid package, however Ken has come up with a figure of 825 MILLION over 3 YEARS, for the sake of clarity can you confirm just where you got YOUR figures from?

Guest Rabbit
I Googled it.

Ahh yes I see where you probably have made the mistake it was the chancellors pre budget figure for public spending costs reductions

Can't see any reference to that amount (£15b) for aid to India.

Maybe my imagination got the better of me - but I am sure that Incapability Brown went visiting and gave both China and India financial "presents"

I know that he has agreed £825m over the next three years (will this still go ahead? We're SKINT!!)

However I can't find the article where he returned from his jolly with both countries and had to explain why he had given them both (both very active in nuclear research!) such large amounts of money!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription