Food glorious food

Kappa

I've just returned from a 3 night session and although I can't wait to go back, I'm not looking forward to anymore potnoodles!

So what do you take to eat for a day or several days?

I take my kelly kettle so I have hot water but really can't be bothered with a stove and pans etc etc. Any ideas for any alternative food that I can take?

Rich

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich,

I'll be fishing the same 'complex' as you, maybe even this week. I plan to use the clubhouse to cook microwave meals in the evening.

For bankside cooking nowadays, I tend to have one pan with pasta or vegetables in (most supermarkets do little mixed bags that are great for fishing) and one with meat of some kind in. Something like shredded beef already prepared in a sauce is nice.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've just returned from a 3 night session and although I can't wait to go back, I'm not looking forward to anymore potnoodles!

So what do you take to eat for a day or several days?

I take my kelly kettle so I have hot water but really can't be bothered with a stove and pans etc etc. Any ideas for any alternative food that I can take?

Rich

Rich, many years ago I made a stand that fitted on/over a kelly kettle, for my then boss.

It took a medium sized pan, and he used it for anything from soups to fry ups.

I'm sure you must be able to buy such a thing now. Anyone know?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Andy,

I tend to do 3 or 4 nights and used to live on a poor diet. I'd spend the next two days at home feeling ill! Nowadays, decent quick grub is what I want. The food I buy is generally cooked within a few minutes - I don't go for bankside banquets any more :D

Oh, and I always buy a bag of apples and bananas, as I eat tons of those at home, too :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Andy,

I tend to do 3 or 4 nights and used to live on a poor diet. I'd spend the next two days at home feeling ill! Nowadays, decent quick grub is what I want. The food I buy is generally cooked within a few minutes - I don't go for bankside banquets any more :D

Oh, and I always buy a bag of apples and bananas, as I eat tons of those at home, too :)

i should do the same realy, if i could have an indian or a kebab even chinese i would............ and have, though im a little ashamed :(

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Guest tigger

How about tins of soup, nice wholemeal bread without butter. You can heat the soup up in a pan of water. Y can do the same with other tinned foods and the pan just needs emptying of water after. I've been thinking of those ready meals they have in Go outdoors for explorers.

May I suggest jellied eels?

:rolleyes:

I consider my little stove pretty much essential for long sessions, even though it does add weight. You can cook bacon and sausages, heat up soup, cook dried pasta with a nice sauce, and of course make endless cups of tea/coffee :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

At Wingham last week I had hot meals brought to my swim.

Bacon, liver and fried egg butties (toasted) for brunch both days.

Moroccan Goat with apricots and spiced veggies for dinner the first day,

Mexican Chillie Stew for the second day.

Norma cooks them in the van in between birding walks. She got very close to a water rail this last trip.

On one ocassion Steve Burke had been there a couple of days, and wanted to extend his session, as the fish were feeding. Unfortunately he was so short of food he was raiding his bait store (cheapo sweet corn if I remember)

Norma had just cooked and brought over a potful of Chicken Dupiaza. We looked at the starving Steve and made a soft-hearted decision. Two huge helpings were used to produce three largish ones !

It's called currying favour with the boss. ;)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Guest tigger
May I suggest jellied eels?

:rolleyes:

I consider my little stove pretty much essential for long sessions, even though it does add weight. You can cook bacon and sausages, heat up soup, cook dried pasta with a nice sauce, and of course make endless cups of tea/coffee :)

Talkin cups of tea etc I've started taking the brew pack drinks....simply add boiling water and put the used cup in the rubbish bag...no washing up! I get them in coffee, tea, hot chocolate and the bovril that has a striking resemblence to gunpowder. My mrs gets them from pound land for me and they really are great. If I'm on a normal few hour sesh then I just take a flask of boiling water and a few cups of the instant drink.