interesting for those that tow

chesters1

this maybe worth passing on to friends who have tow bars ,i hadn't heard of it perhaps a deliberate gov ploy to get retest fees ?

Tow bars are now part of the MOT so beware

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository...0MOT%20test.pdf

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters - After being stuck behind a caraven (swaying like mad at 55-60mph) that was totally without indicators and only had the left rear stop light working, I cannot in all honesty say that this is not a good thing!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Chesters - After being stuck behind a caraven (swaying like mad at 55-60mph) that was totally without indicators and only had the left rear stop light working, I cannot in all honesty say that this is not a good thing!

It's common sence to make sure you give something like that on the road plenty of space surly. No problem then Whatever it decides to do.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

trouble is kleiny the electrics are not tested :rolleyes:

why not go the whole hog theres plug in testers available to check they work out there for the MOT.

the user of a caravan with a faulty indicator is guilty of an offence! all modern cars (even my 20 year old one) have audible indicators of the tow vehicles indicators working! so its not a case of "sorry i didnt know ossifer" (not that not knowing is a defence anyway) you could not know that other lights didnt work as only the indicators are monitored for some reason.hmmm i wonder if my bulb failure warning light in the car works on trailers as well when they are fitted?

i admit its a strange way of telling you i would prefer a buzzer when they stopped working :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

By Chesters,

hmmm i wonder if my bulb failure warning light in the car works on trailers as well when they are fitted?

I once owned a 1978 Volvo 265GL auto estate and I can tell you that mine certainly did. It took us ages to work out what light had actually blown, and it wasn't until I noticed that it was only lit when we had attached the caravan to the car and we found both the tail lights were out on the van. B) Also I had a small panel fitted which told me when the indicators on the caravan were working.

So if you own a Volvo you may well find that yours will too.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

I once owned a 1978 Volvo 265GL auto estate and I can tell you that mine certainly did. It took us ages to work out what light had actually blown, and it wasn't until I noticed that it was only lit when we had attached the caravan to the car and we found both the tail lights were out on the van. B) Also I had a small panel fitted which told me when the indicators on the caravan were working.

So if you own a Volvo you may well find that yours will too.

cheers that saves me dragging the trailer back onto the road to see for myself :)

My Volvo never stops nagging me about bulbs. It's not even keen on me changing just one. When I figured out that the obscure "Position Light" actually meant one of the rear bulbs had blown, it made me change both sides. My cheapo replacements obviously drew a slightly different current than the originals, so they didn't balance.

yes thats well noted the original bulbs were far superior to off the shelf versions so its easier to replace both than have the warning light come on annoyingly ,i dont know about yours but mines veeery clever just to catch me out when you replace one bulb it doesnt come on but waits till you forget youve changed a bulb then springs into life :D

yes thats well noted the original bulbs were far superior to off the shelf versions so its easier to replace both than have the warning light come on annoyingly ,i dont know about yours but mines veeery clever just to catch me out when you replace one bulb it doesnt come on but waits till you forget youve changed a bulb then springs into life :D

Better than that, the rear bulb holder seems to be designed in such a way that you break the bulb removing the holder from the car, see the broken bulb and replace it and then find out the one that was causing the error message was actually on the other side of the car!

There is probably a knack to getting the damned things out, but I haven't got it!

I also never seem to be able to get headlamp bulbs out as I can never remember how the clip releases :rolleyes:

this maybe worth passing on to friends who have tow bars ,i hadn't heard of it perhaps a deliberate gov ploy to get retest fees ?

Tow bars are now part of the MOT so beware

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository...0MOT%20test.pdf

It's a good idea in theory, but in reality tests almost nothing. By the look of it it's limited to a visual inspection of the towbar itself and fixings - zip all else.

Rob.