The Burgess Brothers

Elton

Little birdy tells me that Andrew and Budgie may have had a tench or two recently. I hope we get a full report and photos ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Burgess boys may do a lot of things but spilling beans (or any other food for that matter) is not among them. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Little birdy tells me that Andrew and Budgie may have had a tench or two recently. I hope we get a full report and photos ;)

So what is it you want to know? :P

Come on then, someone spill the beans!

I will write out the report and get pictures sorted out later!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

We again greeting by the two Wingham bailiffs on Wednesday afternoon and we decided to fish in the area where I have been before. After setting up the Dave Lane Brolly, the bivvy bed, and bivvy table and other things etc etc After that I even also help out budgie tackle and brolly stuff as well. I even managed to broke the rubber mallet which was need it drive the bivvy pegs into the hardcore ground of Wingham Coarse Lake.

My original plan was to use 4 different bait on the 4 rod limit rod rule at Wingham. When Glyn cast my marker float out and I was very surprise it wasn't that far out than I thought, so it was clip up and brought in after I had cast out all four different bait.

Well my swim was very quiet on the first afternoon and even in the first night - I have always been a slow starter for catch the Wingham fish ( I wonder why that)? Budgie was in the action in the peg on the right of me. A few tench and even managed to catch his favourite species - eel on a sweetcorn. ( I will let him tell you in his own words!)

When Budgie started catching tench with boilies (I am not saying what flavour it is either as I tend to still use it for the rest of the season) so you will have to work it out yourself if you're going to the next Wingham Anglersnet Fish In :P:D

My rig was consist of a braid sinking main line with a middy flat feeder method ( a bolt rig style) and the other rig was the Fox Rotary Free Flow Feeder without the caps (in another words - a big open end feeder!.

I was still bite less when Steve Burke came round to talked to both of us and swapping new theory and rigs. Steve gave me advice about putting some groundbait without the other bait (cheers Steve i owe you one!) ;)

It wasn't until late Thursday afternoon that I had my first tench of 5lb 12oz, I was please to be off the mark and was thinking might ending up a blank session!

CopyofIMG_3488JPG-5lb12oz.png

However still into the Thursday night I had a couple more fish of 6lb and 7lb 2oz and another 6lb just before 10pm and again just before midnight and again around 3am on Friday morning. At that time my personal best which stand at 7lb 12oz from the last Wingham Anglersnet Fish In May 2008, but it would have been a added bonus if i did break it again.

CopyofIMG_3494JPG-6lb2oz.png

CopyofIMG_3500JPG-7lb2oz.png

On Friday morning i managed to wake myself up before dawn waking up as I rebaited the 4 swims! on the 3rd casting out I had a screaming run which brought me another 6lb+ tench So cast out the 3rd and 4th rod and waited. Nothing happened until midday when I had another 6lb+ and a 5lb.

Friday evening was a bit warm in the air and I had another screaming run from one of the four rod - and it took me well over 10 to 15 minutes to land the fish where it manage to fight really hard. When I saw it raise to the surface it look from distance it might of been short of my personal best but I was wrong - after quickly unhooking it and quickly weighing it the needle settled on 8lb 13ozs ( A new personal best improvement of 1lb 1oz!) I was really over the moon and spoke and texted to Steve Burke and Glyn of breaking the old pb

CopyofIMG_3511JPG-8lb13oz2.png

So I recasted the bait again and waited but I never thought in my wildest dream to break the new personal again with in a few hours - yes it did happen just after midnight where again the screaming take and series of runs - there was even another screaming take which I called out to budgie to take the rod out of the way or landing the fish as I was still playing the first one! When I finally netted it i thought might have equal it all improve it by a couple of ounces but the weight was a cracking 9lb 2ozs -

CopyofIMG_3519JPG-websitetench_640x.jpg

Another new personal best fish. Everything went quiet into the rest of the evening and I lost one fish at near the net around 4am as I need a bit of of help from Budgie with the landing net due to the shoulder injury which been playing up for the last 5 weeks but he never heard me! (Well can't win them at all!) I had another 7lb Tench in the early morning before dawn was breaking and I lost another one due to coming off the hook while playing it.

When Steve came round again in the morning to pick our stuff up - I'd told him that I broke the personal best again - I never seen him so happy for me! :D

So my final total was 9 tench - 2 new personal best and a great 3 night session. I can't wait to go back again - I maybe around at the Next Wingham Anglersnet Fish Ins to give a few fellows anglers advice if they want it! :D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Wow, excellent angling Andrew, can't get over the size of that last tench, gorgeous!

Interesting to hear that unnatural baits (i.e. boilies, are now accepted), might have to change my plan if I'm lucky enough to be invited this year.

Geoff

Well I got of to a bit quicker start than Andrew! They were feeding day and night but I was only getting action on one rod and bait.

We were lucky with the weather as it was nigh on perfect conditions other than being a bit clear and therefore cold at night.As I said one bait (boillie) was outfishing my normal baits so I swithched over to this on all rods for the last day.I managed 21 Tench up to 8lb exactly.No PB's for me but some great fun fishing.Some of the tench were fighting like demons but it was very noticable how much harder (in general) that they fought in daylight compared to at night. My biggest fought like a tigger taking a lot of line.I will post a picture which shows the size of its tail. Had some big males (couple of 6's and one 7) as well.

Eel wise I took only two (Thank God!) one "intentionaly" on worm to try out a new hooklink material and another on sweetcorn! After taking the pee out of Vagabond I also managed a jack pike on a static boillie!

Had two dramas though.One was a hook pull at the net and the other far worse was the hook link going also at the net.I had given that Drennan Sinking braid stuff another go and once again it let me down.Ive since spoke to Richard and hes been using the 10lb vewrsion whilst mine was 6.The 6 is a definate no no but I might try the 10. This is mainly for the bream (which I didnt bother with this session) as for the tench Im happier using carp style hook length materials.

These tench are definately going to be real lumps later in the year just look how relatively long and lean Andrews 9 is.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest tigger

Well done Budgie, your session blew mine away. Your welcome to pm me the type of boilies you used if you wish :)

These tench are definately going to be real lumps later in the year just look how relatively long and lean Andrews 9 is.

Too right, that's going to be a double in a few weeks' time! So many 9s already this year, and it's only just May.

Excellent stuff, a great haul Budgie but especially well done to Andrew, a double PB session, it doesn't get much better than that! The tench are obviously loving the warm Spring.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music