Any camera phone users here ?

J.K

Hi folks,

I'm tired of lugging round my dslr and even the compact camera is abit of a hassle with having to remember to charge it and put it in the fishing bag. So my question is, are any of you guys using a camera phone and have any recommendations ?

A few samples of the photographs taken with the said phone would be great.

Joel

Edited by J.K

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi folks,

I'm tired of lugging round my dslr and even the compact camera is abit of a hassle with having to remember to charge it and put it in the fishing bag. So my question is, are any of you guys using a camera phone and have any recommendations ?

A few samples of the photographs taken with the said phone would be great.

Joel

Hello Joel

I used my phone to take pics. My phone is (or was ) a Sony ericsson w 850i it has a 2 mega pixel camera.

Here is a pic

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/wil...nt=DSC00699.jpg

My phone has been replaced by the w910.

Hi Joel,

I've used a Sony Ericcson 810i for the last year or two, takes great pics as below. It's been replaced by the C902 which apparently takes even better pics so that's next on my list ;)

0705200541.jpg

0705200537.jpg

0705191314.jpg

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Hi,

the latest phones have up to 10mp cameras...don't be fooled...they need a huge amount of memory - and you ought to get them downloaded off the camera as soon as possible.

Professional experience (I work in the business), says that the more advianced the 'add-on features' the more likely it is to crash. With mobile networks mow being more wary of replacing phones at the drop of a hat, look to compromise.

The latest Sony Ericsson phones with tyhe 3.2 MP cameras are really stable and the images aren't too bad... I'll post some images when I get home.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

So my question is, are any of you guys using a camera phone and have any recommendations ?

I use my phone all the time, (in fact I'm writing this on it whilst on the norfolk broads!)

Mine is a nokia n96 with a 5mega pixel camera which is pretty good. Built in sat nav helps you get to the fisheries in the first place! There are now several 8 mega pixel phones on the market. If you are at Wingham I'll show you my nokia.

The only times camera phones aren't good is if you are alone and want a pic of you holding the fish and night shots!

I'll post some pics in the next few posts.

Rich

Ian as some one who has hung on to his 35mmSLR for to long Im really impressed with the quality of those pics and on a phone as well! Time for me to move into the new centuary!

I will have to wait till I can afford a new phone though!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Those pictures are very impressive for a phone Richard. The reviews on the N96 arnt the best though :(

Has anyone tried any of the new samsung models ?

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg