1 fish in a year

me

Me and my mate go fishing nearly every fortnight. In one year I caught around 40-50 fish. My mate using the same bait and setup every time only caught 1 it's weird.......

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Hi Nathan, round my way there are no gudgeon! I have to go up onto the River Wensum where there are plenty. They are a fun fish to catch, little old beasties though! If ever you watch the excellent Passion For Angling series on Sky T.V. you will see them catching gudgeon on the legendary Redmire Pool.

Nathan,

Maybe if you tell us where you normally fish in Wales, what stock is in there etc etc...

Its just possible that an angler local to you or who has knowledge of the venue can increase you catch rate and that of your friend.

Another idea has already been hinted at above and that is when you are both set-up and fishing, swap swims but fish with the already set-up tackle..ie you use his gear and vice versa..you may just notice something that he is not doing. For example, the fish could be feeding hard on the bottom and he is fishing two inches from the lake/river bed. Its worth a try.

Failing that, get him to use Lobworm as Hookbait, no self respsecting fish can resist one of these...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet