Chris Plumb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest tigger
Elton wouldn't wanna lose one of these up a tree....

C.

Why on earth would anyone pay so much for a float........it's beyond belief ! On the sellers other items they have more floats that look like there gonna make crazy money also :blink:.

its the name on it ,I guess .If you can afford a cris lythe reel you don't quibble about the price of one of his floats to use with the reel ,probably fitted on a R.walker avon rod complete with plus 4's and tweed jacket and deerstalker

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Damn! I always seem to stumble across these bargains too late. That float would have gone beautifully with this reel, which I also sadly missed out on (by about £500).

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Damn! I always seem to stumble across these bargains too late. That float would have gone beautifully with this reel, which I also sadly missed out on (by about £500).

Aye - we've all been watching that one Elton - same seller sold a Witcher copy of that model reel the same day - the Witcher went for nearly double (£932) what the original did....(See Mr Plumb what do you think? thread!)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Sheesh! Do you think they'll be used, or end up in cabinets?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Guest tigger
its the name on it ,I guess .If you can afford a cris lythe reel you don't quibble about the price of one of his floats to use with the reel ,probably fitted on a R.walker avon rod complete with plus 4's and tweed jacket and deerstalker

I'd sooner have one of his reels than a dozen of his floats !

Sheesh! Do you think they'll be used, or end up in cabinets?

I'd like to think it would end up on a rod at least a few times a season. I know if I had one I'd be off at every available opportunity to use it.

Unfortunately I suspect it'll end up in a cabinet next to a B. James 'Avocet' or an Ogden Smith's 'Arun' instead of barbel bashing...........oh well we'll probably never know!

I've taken the cheaper route, I'm making a 12 spoke ventilated sort of copy. Much cheaper but rather time consuming! :blink:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Take lots of photos as you're doing it, Worms. That would make interesting viewing.