Bait boat!!

Bigminnow

MrMatthew:

Funnily enough I was talking to a friend who makes model planes and boats who fell off his chair when I told him about baitboats and how much they go for...

Somone tell me whats special about bait boats?... He believes he could make something for less than a hundred in materials that could carry as much bait as you could need and a rig and drop it all wherever you need.

With the exception of a transmitting depthfinder, I can't see where all the expense comes from...

Am I missing something?

Matthew, you're missing nothing. A friend in Kent built his own - motor in bow, batteries in one sponson and r/c in the other. Takes a kilo of bait and decent range. It doesn't have a light, though - which is, of course, critical :rolleyes:

The cost? - Inclusive of r/c, and building a mould for the fibreglass hull - £145.

Personally, if I can't cast there, I won't fish there.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• 1 month later...

Hi,

If any one is interested in building their own boat and are having difficulties in finding the commponents. Then try this link I found by chance one day, worth a look !!!!

www.evolutionbaitboats.com

Edited by tonyozz

" Its KNOT the size that matters, its how you tie it ! ".

Hi Argyll, i was talking to soemone the other day who's brought one and he reckons the doors ain't 100% water tight but its a brilliant bit of kit for the price.

Might invest in one myself next year for fixing my smartcast to and dropping deadbaits out.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them