Have I sinned against the spirit of angling?

Wordbender

Credit where it's due!

Just a thought though, Mr Crabtree tossed lures, never boilies. And he is the true originator of the spirit of angling, not that Walker bloke.

Lyn, were you the only Farnham club member to object? Lamentable if that's so.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought though, Mr Crabtree tossed lures, never boilies. And he is the true originator of the spirit of angling, not that Walker bloke.

Did not the blessed Isaac swear by Monster Crab and Victory-V flavour boilies? I'm sure he did you know. B)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Lyn, were you the only Farnham club member to object? Lamentable if that's so.

Probably, I should have gone to the AGM and had my say but the 'dirty deed' was done the barbel were in the pond. I was always assured by the club Chairman that Farnham would not go down that road, the reason in the Newsletter was so that they would feed in the cold when other fish stop :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I always used to go pike fishing when it got to cold for the barbel to feed. I will stop there before this becaomes a thread about still water barbel and we have been there a million times already :o

Sorry Mr Wordbender, Sir went a bit off topic then.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Lyn, I also admire you for sticking to your principles. FAS was a club I very much enjoyed being a member of, but this is idiotic. They have plenty of barbel fishing in the rivers around there, putting them in that horrible puddle at Badshot is criminal.

I remember when they first dug it and stuck a load of little carp in - one of the big catfish went through the pipe and ate them :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I had initially wondered why you hadnt put up a fight Lyn but now is all clear.I to respect you for sticking by your principles.It must have been difficult given your involvement with the club.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I don't know about the 'true-spirit' of angling so much. I do remember once talking part in a 'match' on the Severn at Ombersley.

I wasn't (and still am not) a 'Match-man', so I had some strange notion that eels didn't count. (Honest!)

With the result I threw back six or seven fairly big eels. I know...Duhhh! :mellow:

Only one other person caught anything that day and the match was won by his 8oz perch!

One of my team mates was so disgusted with the blank day he chucked his gear in the river! (He said it had nothing to do with me throwing back the eels!) He never fished again to my knowledge.

Tenchie! :thumbs:

Knowledge is being aware that tomatoes are a fruit; Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad.

John :)

'Fraid I wasn't around in his day. I must therefor bow to the greater knowledge of my much elders.

:o:o:o I would make a hasty exit if I was you :bye1::roll1::roll1:

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

'Fraid I wasn't around in his day. I must therefor bow to the greater knowledge of my much elders.

You would if you could find any. :rolleyes:

Peter Waller there, layzungemmun, the only AN member who's been carbon dated. :P

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

You would if you could find any. :rolleyes:

Peter Waller there, layzungemmun, the only AN member who's been carbon dated. :P

Be gracious, old fella, t'was your veiled admission of extreme longevity that gave the game away!