subarachnoid [Brain] haemorrage

rob.i

surprised me too Judy.....Rob

I guess its because I did not notice it first time around, but spotted it it when I was browsing through old threads looking for something else. Me being me I had to put my two bits worth in.

I am really happy for all the people who do survive this condition, but the fact remains that about 50% of patients who have a subarachnoid due to an aneurysm die within 6-8 weeks. My dad's aneurysm was so deep that the surgeons said that it was not worth operating. He was treated at the Soutern General in Glasgow, one of the countries leading centres of research on this type of condition.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 4 years later...
has or does anyone look after someone who has survived surgery on this condition i would gratefully receive any information on this matter lol....rob

<small>[ 10. April 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: rob.i ]</small>

Hi, yes. My best friend had one in April and I am now her carer. How can I help?

gill

gill, this topic was from way back in 2004.

and as a matter of interest my mum had exactly this problem a few months ago.

scary thing was as wel is that i was getting ready to leave to go fishing at 3 in the morning when she stumbled in to the living room, scariest moment of my life seeing her like that.

she got took to Glasgows southern general for 3 weeks. and got the coiling done.

she came out of it all well and back to her usual self though a little more worn out than she used to be these days :(

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Thank goodness you were still there, Andy. Hope your mum gets back to full strength in time.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

elton, another half an hour and i would have been on my way to pick up Andy Macfarlane. i keep thinking, what if i hadn't been there.

within the first week she had been tested, given drugs, etc etc. she rather enjoyed the morphine and the nurses got fed up of her hallucinating and kickin them in the arse.

she got the procedure done within the week and was in hospital for another 2 weeks to recover.

the procedure was done by going through her groin. heres a snippet from a website:

a catheter is inserted into an artery in the groin and passed through the blood vessels to the brain and surgical coils are inserted in to the aneurysm

it took 4 hours to do. shes to go back in about 3 months (waiting on the date) to have it done again.

im so glad she is ok though, if i remember correctly the doctor said 3 in 10 people make it out of the hospital.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk