subarachnoid [Brain] haemorrage

rob.i

has or does anyone look after someone who has survived surgery on this condition i would gratefully receive any information on this matter lol....rob

[ 10. April 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....

Guest Ferret1959

The wonam I live with has a brother-in-law who has had similar.

He's fit and well'ish but lost a lot of memory and has the mind of a child.

He's on pills all the time but still enjoys the life he has.

Hi Rob.i

I hope this is useful information.

http://omni.ac.uk/browse/mesh/C0038525L0038525.html

http://www.headway.org.uk/

headway the brain Injury charity.they have a help line

free phone 0808 8002244

9-5 Mon-Fri

9-7 Wed.

Good luck and if I can help in any way get in touch.

judy

<small>[ 10. April 2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]</small>

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• 2 years later...

I hope he/she does OK. A subarachnoid killed my dad.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

As with strokes, the outcome can be anything from rapid death to a complete recovery. The prognosis will depend on the severity of the haemorrage and whether the pressure that builds up was treated quickly.

I hope that you and yours get through this and the outcome is favorable.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

My next door neighbour had a brain haemorrage, it was very touch & go for a while, but she has made a marvelous recovery. All that is "wrong" with her now is, she has a slight speech defect :thumbs: Her road to recovery was a long one, with more than a few set-backs, but she kept being positive about it, and always looked for positives B)

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

My next door neighbour had a brain haemorrage, it was very touch & go for a while, but she has made a marvelous recovery. All that is "wrong" with her now is, she has a slight speech defect :thumbs: Her road to recovery was a long one, with more than a few set-backs, but she kept being positive about it, and always looked for positives B)

There is a HUGE difference between a stroke (brain haemorrage) and a subarachnoid. My father had a subarachnoid caused by an aneurysm. He collapsed in the shower whilst getting ready to go to work. He never regained conciousness and he was dead within 5 weeks,

About 35% of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage due to an aneurysm die during the first episode because of extensive brain damage. Another 15% die within a few weeks because of subsequent bleeding. People who survive for 6 months but who do not have surgery for the aneurysm have a 3% chance of another rupture each year. The outlook is better when the cause is an arteriovenous malformation. Occasionally, the hemorrhage is caused by a small defect that is not detected by cerebral angiography because it has already sealed itself off. In such cases, the outlook is very good.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

corydoras, she didn't have a stroke matey, it was an aneurysm. At first she thought she had eaten something dodgy, as she was light headed & vomiting. It wasn't long before she totally blacked out, then she was rushed straight into the Hallamshire hospital, where the doctors didn't give her much chance. They operated on her, and then it was a waiting game, to see if they had left her brain damaged or not.

As I said before, the only "defect" she has now is a slight speech defect, but every time she gets a headache she worries.

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

A guy at work had a sub arachnoid haemorrhage and made a full recovery. He didn't need surgery so one assumes it was smaller than some others. Left him feeling weak for a couple of months but he was back to 100% health in about 6 - 8 months and back to work after I think 3 months.

Rob.