Not something you see a lot of these days

Clifftop

Nice capture and composition on this one! Whats a jinker? I've never heard of that phrase before.

We still have lots of these around here, no surprise really as we are quite rural, we have cows and horses grazing no more than 70 yards from where I sit.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Nice capture and composition on this one! Whats a jinker? I've never heard of that phrase before.

We still have lots of these around here, no surprise really as we are quite rural, we have cows and horses grazing no more than 70 yards from where I sit.

Steve...:)

Must be a convict term Steve :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Good shot Fred :clap2:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Great shot Fred, it looks like it could have come out of a travel brochure. :thumbs:

You had me puzzled with the 'jinker' thing too. The only time I've heard it used is when we loaded long fabrications on to artic's. As far as I knew it was the steerable trailer behind the unit.

But then I googled 'horse drawn jinkers' and came up with this.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/melbournemuse...rd/?irn=1688785

Round here we just call then carts or gigs. You'll have to make allowances when you're talking Oz, to us Poms. ;):D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thanks for the comments guys.

I do know the couple in the photo and caught up with them at the shop. Asked permission to put a photo in the local rag, they said ok.

I mentioned the buggy, he said it's not a buggy, a buggy has four wheels, this is a Jinker.

Now funily enough i took the following photo three weeks ago while on a tour in Victoria

TourofBrightVictoria2009849.jpg

They say things come in threes MMMMM wonder whats next to do with a jinker LOL

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Seems like a nice way to get around and top pic by the way.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

on my way to the shops and passed these two on the Jinker, looked like they were really enjoying the ride too.

024.jpg

Nice one 'Clifftop'. I wish this was a practical way to get around these days (dream on <_< ) . . . I can just remember the milk man delivering in our village with a horse and 2 wheeled cart, that would have been very early 50's? . . . Webbs Diary, that was the name . . . come to think of it, the green grocer had a horse and cart as well, he used to come round on Saturday morning . . . Sheldrakes was their name, one of my first kisses was Shella Sheldrake :P . . . but at about seven or eight, it did not amount to much :rolleyes::lol: . . . Butchers boy used to deliver the Sunday joint on a bicycal with one of those dirty great baskets on the front, the bill was pined to the joint with a very small scewer, blood dripping every where . . . where was health and safty? do we need health and safty? . . . we made it through???

Happy days B)

SW

Nice one 'Clifftop'. I wish this was a practical way to get around these days (dream on <_< ) . . . I can just remember the milk man delivering in our village with a horse and 2 wheeled cart, that would have been very early 50's? . . . Webbs Diary, that was the name . . . come to think of it, the green grocer had a horse and cart as well, he used to come round on Saturday morning . . . Sheldrakes was their name, one of my first kisses was Shella Sheldrake :P . . . but at about seven or eight, it did not amount to much :rolleyes::lol: . . . Butchers boy used to deliver the Sunday joint on a bicycal with one of those dirty great baskets on the front, the bill was pined to the joint with a very small scewer, blood dripping every where . . . where was health and safty? do we need health and safty? . . . we made it through???

Happy days B)

SW

My old Dad used to deliver the milk with a horse and dray All the milk was in churns and Dad used to measure it out for the customers.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Funny how we all remember our first kiss.

As a 14 year old i used to deliver groceries on a bike similar to this except it didn't have the fancy stand on.

The groceries where in a big box and i always remember one old lady made me stand there while she made sure everything she ordered was in the box then she would give me a Blue Riband biscuit ( do they still make them )

another lady used to check hers also and give me a shilling.

Bike.jpg

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/