Edgar sealey cane rod Rover.

Rick J

Can anyone help I have been given a Edgar sealey Hexagonal cane rod with the name Rover, I would like to know if it would be ok for chub and parch, what B/S line should I use with it and is there any web sites with infomation on this rod.

Thanks

Rick J

Dunk thanks for your help, the Rover is a three piece rod and 11ft and across the first ferrule is about 12mm and the second top section 5.5mm. Do you think I would be ok with 5lb line and 3lb hooklenght.

Thanks

Rick J

Wow that take me back to the 60s I used to have one of there rods, I used my one for chub perch roach dace or what ever came a long on the river Wey and on the Thames I would not use line above 6lb as I think you will lock it up. Have fun and give it a try.

Old Tony

Old Tony

Thanks to you all, I will give a go when the new season get under way. Old Tony are you the one and only which used to fish the LAC bit a biddenham, if so send me a email address ora private message.

Rick J

• 4 years later...

Just noticed this was getting a few hits from people looking for Edgar Sealey fishing tackle for sale. There are a few items listed here.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Can anyone help I have been given a Edgar sealey Hexagonal cane rod with the name Rover, I would like to know if it would be ok for chub and parch, what B/S line should I use with it and is there any web sites with infomation on this rod.

Thanks

I used to have one of these and regret selling it to buy an Apollo Taperflash in the late 1960's!

From experience with similar split cane rods it will be fine for general float fishing for silvers, perch, chub, tench and bream. As for line, five pounds BS maximum is about right combined with two/three or four pounds BS hooklength depending on what you are fishing for or how snaggy the water is.

However, I wouldn't use it for ledgering or for hauling carp out of the commercials