permission to run a fishery

Peter M

It's funny how irate people get about parking. You get people who park inconsiderately and people who think they can privatise the public road outside their house, and they're both examples of the selfish attitude Gozzer mentions. If everybody acted with consideration and tolerance we'd all get along better.

I'd suggest that if the vehicles are being parked illegally a visit from a parking warden would do the trick. If they are parked legally, trying to get the fishery closed under planning regs might do the trick - it would be a shame if a lack of consideration and tolerance came to that, and personally I'd have a think about what else the landowner might succeed in getting permission to do with it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn, I have lived with parking problems . First house became a meter zone...no garage or drive so I had to put up with parking well away from "MY" bit of road. I put up with that for 7 years. Second house was a quiet cul de sac within walking distance of 3 stations. I had room to park 5 cars so I was alright jack. Area soon became a metered zone and more cars parked in "MY" road.

I could usually get in and out of my driveway, even though every inch of available space was taken every day, and I had no problems with that, after all, they all had the same rights as me to use the road.

On just one occasion, I was unable to get out, I watched this guy park across the front of my driveway, and when I asked him to move, it all got a bit heated, and the police were called. They threatened ME with arrest for Breach of the peace!!!!!!!!!!!! and informed me that I had no right to access to my driveway.

Now, as long as my van/car are not blocking access to a persons property, then they have no right to tell me I can't park there.

And, for what it is worth, I did move, but only when it suited me.

Was I being a bit harsh? I think the anglers have as much right to that road as anyone else.

And also, for what it is worth, if the police decide to single out any particular vehicle for "obstruction" then it must apply fairly to all the other vehicles in the road. And suppose I simply want to "walk the dog" ?

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

On just one occasion, I was unable to get out, I watched this guy park across the front of my driveway, and when I asked him to move, it all got a bit heated, and the police were called. They threatened ME with arrest for Breach of the peace!!!!!!!!!!!! and informed me that I had no right to access to my driveway.

The law has been changed, the Traffic Management Act 2004 has now made it illegal to park next to a dropped kerb.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Didn't know that Leon. "My"incident was before then.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Hi Peter

I can fully sympathise with your issue and hope it gets sorted out. I live on a cul-de-sac and you'd think that would be free of inconsiderate drivers, but alas no. It's all terracing and everyone has to park on the street, and there are a few idiot neighbours who think it is acceptable to box you in. I'm glad I have power steering, but I do wonder how my pregnant wife copes with no power assistance. Sometimes it'd be appropriate for them to leave you a tin opener!

It used to be a thoroughfare, so we only have a raised kerb at the end. The amount of people who think they can drive over that just because they've got a 4x4 is amazing; I swear one of these days one of the many kids that play at the top of the street will be run over. It even attracts joy riders from the local council estate who like to use it as a way of losing the police; it worked the other week when a squad car got beached on the raised pavement. I couldn't help laughing I have to say!

My parents have been trying for years to get parking on their road "residents only" to stop football fans parking on their road (even though it's a good mile or so from the ground). Even though there is such parking restrictions within 30 metres of their house the council aren't willing to extend the zone. It can be a damn nightmare at times. Why should they have to move when they've been there over 30 years!?

The biggest problem is definitely a lack of consideration. The attitude seems to be "bugger you Jack I'm alright". And in my experience it doesn't matter if it's your neighbours, visitors or workmen. I've had to start dealing with the inconsideration by parking in such a way that I have as much space as possible, regardless of if it's condsiderate for anyone else - not much more I can do.

Like I say, good luck with getting it sorted.

Rob

Rob

http://www.anglingwiki.com

Angling Wiki - the free online fishing encyclopaedia!

Did I read correctly that it is legal to park so that you block someones driveway entrance? :o

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There is provision in the 2004 Traffic Management Act whereby in an area designated a Special Enforcement Area it is an offence to park by a dropped kerb (with certain exceptions).

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2004/ukpga...9#pt6-pb3-l1g86

Hi Peter

I can fully sympathise with your issue and hope it gets sorted out.

Like I say, good luck with getting it sorted.

Rob

Thanks Rob well i have had a good response from the owners. Better than when we have complained to the bailiff in the past some i am hopeful.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/