Pictures of Katrina hoax (stunning)

Jeff S

Well, not a total spoof since they do seem to be storm pictures but not hurricane pictures. Katrina would not have produced such sharply defined edges.

Still - great pics and nice to see them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos, really impressive, no EXIF for the photos though ... unless it got stripped in excessive post processing done after the shots ... though if resized or processed in a program such as Macromedia Fireworks, it will be stripped ... Photoshop leaves EXIF in (I think).

Really hope they are real .... as sure are impressive, but lack of EXIF has small doubts in my mind.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Those same pictures were posted around Oz as being pictures of a tornado that hit a town in Western Australia in May of this year. They were obviously a hoax by virtue of the fields of corn and the traffic being on the wrong side of the road. Dunno what people gain from such hoaxes, perhaps some of you remember this picture that was said to have come from a film in a camera that was found after the WTC towers collapsed.

Dangerman1.jpg

It seemed a bit poignant at first, but a look around the net revealed this picture!

Dangerman2.jpg

And then this one!

Dangerman3.jpg

There others too! The guy certainly does get around!

[ 14. September 2005, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: chevin ]

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Chevin, he may seem to get around but he never seems to get around to changing his clothes, according to the hindenburgh pic he's had the same gear on since 7pm on the 6th of may 1937!!!

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Seen the fake one of the guy at top of Trade Center as plane hit on 9/11, thought I'd post this. Its the tragic story of Photo Journalist Bill Biggart, that some people may or may not know. He was sadly killed when the second tower came down while taking photos - however his Canon digital survived ... and so did the memory card inside it.

Story of what happened to him is here:

http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0111...ggart_intro.htm

The photos from the memory card can be viewed here, definately not fake ones here ...

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0111/biggart01.htm

Photo 07 is frightening ... having stood a number of times outside the towers myself, putting myself in his shoes from where that photo was taken ... he was a brave man. The sheer size of the towers was unreal ... still remember my first time going over Brooklyn Bridge and gasping at the height of the buildings ... even more of a gasp when outside or in them.

Always very moving - and still seems unreal when I look at 9/11 images or video.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Alan Fawcett:

Chevin, he may seem to get around but he never seems to get around to changing his clothes, according to the hindenburgh pic he's had the same gear on since 7pm on the 6th of may 1937!!!

He was still in the same clobber as Godzilla wrecked the city behind him too!*LOL* That's another picture!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I don't know if this has already been posted on AN - more worst-taste Katrina naughtiness:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/katrina/recreate.asp

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.