Ain't Life Grand..

poledark

Barney dog woke me up about 6am and climbed in for cuddle (he is an old softy)...next thing I knew it was 9.30!!! rushed downstairs and filled my flasks and made a couple of ham sandwiches...put the lead on Barney and was out of the house before 10.

"See you tonight Haz" I called out as I went out the door.

Got to the lake and thank goodness the swim I had checked out the evenlng before was empty, and as I set up the first rod a fish rolled out by the LH island.

All three rods out and the brolly set up to shelter from the East wind....Barney wandering about and meeting the local dogs and their owners,time for a nice cup of coffee.

About midday Hazel arrives to pick up Barney, we have a chat about her piano lesson, and off she goes, but not before asking if "Sausages OK for you Den? " "Yes please, with mash would be nice" "See you about 9pm then? Do you want me to record Dibnah for you?"

About 2pm the middle rod flies off but I miss the fish due to a tangled rig..blast blast blast!

Recast and a short while later a full bloodied run and a 14 ends in the net, this is followed by another about the same size but there are no more today.

Arrived home about 9.30 and din is in the microwave and Dibnah in the video player...sausage and mash with a bit of brown sauce, and half an hour of Freds magic...and the music is stunning.

As Fred would have said "Aint life grand"

With special thanks to my wonderful wife Hazel.

Haz.jpg

Den

[ 18. May 2005, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Den, thats what life should be all about, good fishing, good food, and a wife that helps these things to flow.

I used to take my dog with me but sadly lost her 3 years ago so have to go on my own ever since. I lost my other one on the 8th April this year, mind you he was 13. Not a bad age for a German shephard dog tho'.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Guest Ferret1959

Den, you don't want to swap her for mine do ya, newer model but not so good on performance.

Nice one mate,keep enjoying it

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Knew you would say that Brian :D ...she keeps telling me she is only 39 but how come we've been married for 41 years???

Have to honest though, she has really taken care of herself...how she gets the time with having to look after me I will never know!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Funny you should say that Den?!;-)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))