Storm soft bodied lures

Tony U

Newt. I picked my first batch up in Singapore this time last year. The little 3" ones ain't much good 'cause they don't sit right in the water when fished with a wire leader. The 4" ones are great and I was getting 10 or 12 fish an hour on these last spring with perhaps three times that number of hits.

At the back end of last summer I stocked up on the 4" jobbies from Cabellas and ordered a big pile of 5" and 7" (Sea) versions as well.

Unfortunatly, my fishing opportunities have been very limited over the autumn and winter but the bigger baits will be getting a serious workout when I get back from my travels.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt just finished my second generation poppers. Will post up a picture on the sea section in a mo. Have discarded the goo goo eyes in favour of solid ones. See what you think. Plan to mainly target sea bass with them on normal fly gear but there is a pike lake fairly close to my holiday caravan so fancy trying for the pike/perch on fly . It will be interesting to see how long these poppers will last cos they are just ear plugs after all!When I get hold of your gear Newt will have a bit play around with it and see what I can come up with

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Tony despite having caught several big fish on lives from the Rother I too have noticed that the average size on deads is higher.But with lives out fishing deads nearly 30 to 1 according to my records I dont think I would ever want to fish the river with deads alone!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie

The problem is I fish the Kingfisher stretch at Newnden and we have banned livebaits (many years ago), it upsets the matchmen.

As a Committee memebr I cannot and will not break the rules, so I am only left with the option of lures or deadbaits, which on most occassions more than succesful.

[ 22. February 2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

A great shame Tony as you are really missing out! I understand your situation though.As you say though you can still have a good day with lures.Not had a big fish from the Rother on lure myself as the smaller ones always get there first!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

The biggest I have ever managed on a lure on the Rother is around 10lbs, best on Deabait 23lbs, they do like Sardines on that River.

A 30 plus was suppised to come out downstream of Newenden Bridge a few years ago, do you know anything about it?

[ 22. February 2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.