Lead Shot

Chris Goddard

What is the position on selling of lEAD shot?? Anyone care to enlighten me please!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No fishing weights made of lead may be used except those of 0.06 grams or less and those of more than 28.35 grams.

In angling terms this means that lead shot from size 14 to size 8 and lead weights of over 1 ounce can be used in fishing.

While lead dust shot (size 8 and smaller) are legal, they are toxic to birds if ingested. Use spillproof containers for lead dust shot and always dispose of used lead safely at home.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Chris

There will shortly be a European Directive against lead in the environment.

Talks are proceeding about anglers leads through EAA. I suggest you do not invest in too much stock of lead products.

Mike

Join the SAA today for only £10.00 and help defend angling.

I noticed that you could still buy it in Ireland though.....

Paul

Will they ban the use of lead in military armaments? It's certainly pretty deadly stuff when used in bullets!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Lead; they use depleted uranium in the 120mm APFSDS rounds!

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Still openly for sale in French tackle shops.But its not the legality of using it that Chris is asking about.

I dont know for sure but I should imagine that posessing it or selling it is ok as the only legislation I know off is against using it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Fishing Weights

No fishing weights made of lead may be used except those of 0.06 grams or less and those of more than 28.35 grams.

In angling terms this means that lead shot from size 14 to size 8 and lead weights of over 1 ounce can be used in fishing.

While lead dust shot (size 8 and smaller) are legal, they are toxic to birds if ingested. Use spillproof containers for lead dust shot and always dispose of used lead safely at home.

The sale of lead shot or alloy shot which contains more than 1% lead, apart from those mentioned above, was made illegal in 1982.

[ 11. March 2005, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

It is not illegal to sell lead shot. the using of it is.You will find that the main makers of shot will not sell to a shop in the UK to help the EA enforce the ban.Yes it can still be purchased in Ireland.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

Nugg:

Fishing Weights

The sale of lead shot or alloy shot which contains more than 1% lead, apart from those mentioned above, was made illegal in 1982.

What is the legislation here Nugg? Do you know what it comes under? Im interested to find some thing official on this subject can you help?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!