Call centre crisis

Steve Randles

Agree with you Yox, and the ones operating at Morecombe Bay.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yoxer:

The difference today is that products are produced, especialy from China , to the specifications of whoever is buying. You can buy at more or less any price stipulated for product " x " . The variable is the quality, to suit the importing country. Anyone thinking China is producing low quality inferior products needs to look again. It is more a case of the importer specifying a low end product for import to the UK as the importer realises the limited "free" spending capacity of the UK population.In other words the avarage UK punter has got F all left in his pocket to spend. Sweat shop labour is another myth often cited, with little kids working for a bowl of rice a month.While Ive no doubt it does happen its far from the norm and those citing this crap want to look at the sweat shops currently operating in Manchester and Birmingham.

Hongkong is where most of these products come from, we handed it back to China at the end of the 99 year lease, on July 1st 1997, so all the stuff coming out of there is now labeled as coming from China. You don't see made in Hongkong anymore on goods.

quote:

Anyone thinking China is producing low quality inferior products needs to look again.

it and its predecessors do/did , i have a fridge made in 1957 still going strong ,how many fridges nowadays last more than 5,whilst you can pick and choose as i have done above things arnt made to last nowadays and are preprogramed by the materials used to expire not long after the warrenty period expires ,theres no parts that can be replaced(unless determined like myself)by the user ,televisions no longer have repair considerations in construction but are just throw away items .yes its the wishes of the designer that replacement is better than repair but the construction is also inferior with 5000 operation switches and the cheapest components .

China does produce crap ,crap that china will again sell to you when your first purchase dies in 14 months time

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson