ebay again

Sportsman

Has anyone ever had a refund from ebay for goods not supplied?

Last july my daughter bought an item, paid by cheque, but no delivery. We have had 2 letters from the vendor saying she had problems with her supplier and then nothing.

I went through the ebay channels of registering a dispute with no effect so escalated the dispute to a claim.

Got an email from ebay saying they need a copy of the cheque which has to be supplied within 14 days. daughter's bank say they can supply but will take longer than 14 days. Ebay now say that vendor is no longer registered with them.

I can see ebay weasling out of having to pay, so has anyone ever been succesful, and if so, what did you do. How do you contact them direct?

Thanks

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest jay_con

Cant really help, as im not sure about cheques. Next time pay by paypal. If the seller can supply proof of postage you take it up with royal mail, if the seller cant give proof of postage the seller will have the money taken from his paypal account and given back to you.

Guest jay_con

Check out his feedback too to make sure he aint making a habbit of not supplying goods. If he is report him to the feds. A LOcal lady to myself was recently prosecuted in such circumstances.

Got to say I have lost around £500 in last 4 or 5 years and have had NO joy getting money back!!

Reporting this to police is a total waste!! You first HAVE to prove intent to defraud!! NOT an easy thing to do as I feel sure others will tell you!!

But if anyone has a foolproof idea??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Paypal is not as safe as it used to be either.

My mum brought some goods, paid thru paypal - never received them. She got in touch with paypal. Few weeks later, Paypal agreed that she was in the right, but due to insufficient funds in the sellers account, they could only refund her about 15.00 odd quid back (she spent about 45 quid I believe)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D