I caught this yesterday

wildcard

I caught this on Sunday without the aid of a net. This is only for us safety conscious professional mariners with 30+ sea fishing years experience, and should not be tried by amateurs. :)

For the observant, the 6/0 Oshaugnessy is tied with a tucked blood loop to 40lb mono ;)

IMG_0052.jpg

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Looks like a bronze one so keep it in salt water and it will rust out in a couple of days. Nice clear photo.

Seriously, ouch that must have hurt, very near the tendon. Take care.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

That looks bad Alan.My son did the same when he was about 15.It was a smaller hook about size 2 i would guess.One of the hooks from a treble on a bass lure.It needed a casualty visit -and it was only when they raided the toolbox of on site workmen that they could find cutters strong enough to cut through the hook bend and push it through.He was jumping around on the bed which was a little worrying at the time.The gas they gave him obviously worked.He couldnt remember any of it afterwards.

Bet your finger has swollen a fair bit mate. They're a bugger those barbs aren't they? Need em for fish but not for fingers eh?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I dont recently went barbless, then decided to go back to using barbs, I think i will once again De-Barb my hooks......

How did you manage to do that? first thing i thought of was a 4-6 Oz bomber on the end of the rig fell and you got caught in the rig......

"A fish that will bite will fight! But the best fish are those that take flight!" ;D

That looks like one of those flat forged hooks! :oops: I tried to cut one that was in a friend's arm once, but I had nothing that would even dent it. They are a tough hook, I hope that the removal wasn't too painful.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

That looks like one of those flat forged hooks! :oops: I tried to cut one that was in a friend's arm once, but I had nothing that would even dent it. They are a tough hook, I hope that the removal wasn't too painful.

I was attended to by a doctor who's native tongue wasn't English. He had never seen a fish hook before and I could not get him to understand what a barb was <_<

His repeatedly tried to pull it out the way it went in, but then an English doctor came to my rescue and saw instantly the problem. He brought a stainless cutting wheel to cut the shank off which quickly blunted on the forged steel. Then some stainless pliers which put a dent in it. I took them of him and kept bending it till it snapped at the dent due to metal fatigue. The rest was easy - though painful.

While I was there a bloke came in with his kneecap sitting on top of his foot inside the skin. He was unloading a crate from a lorry and dropped it onto his kneecap. I bet that smarted a bit :huh:

Another lady chopped the end of her finger off in a deckchair which collapsed. In comparison my injury was a scratch.

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

I actually got a hook in my lip alan a few years ago i was fishing a shore match and i was fishing on the ness end at robinhoods bay fishing on the rocks its very deep water and the cod are often very close to the shore it is 35 minuite walk form the village it was the ship open which a £500 first prize for the biggist cod i was stood with one of the lads and it was my first cast of the day the match started at 11am and finished at 6pm i decide to wind in the reel i was useing was 6-1 retreive 535 penn i busy talking to dave and and my lead came out of the water at speed and hit the butt of the rod the hook trace spun round and to my amaizment the my 4% viking hook was stuck in my upper lip i asked dave tp pull it out but it was to well ambedded well i said just cut the hook off this isnt going to stop me fishing the match so i fished for 7 hours with a hook in my lip i actuall caught half a dozen cod and went back to the weighin weighed the fish in then went up to the casualty for the nurses to take the hook out and beleive me my lip was throbbing a bit by then it was a bit sore for a few days but it was crack in the pub later i got a bit of ribbing of the lads .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg