Fireworks

Elton

May I remind all those here over 40 years old that it is now time to begin your four month moan about fireworks :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone says they should be banned may I remind you all that we live around dangerous objects every day of the week....

Fireworks are not danagerous at all if used responsibly.

When used irresponsibly they can cause serious harm, but then so can a kitchen knife, paracetemol, a golf club, caustic soda etc - You cannot ban things because the minority of users are either drunk, don't read instructions, or are simply stupid.

By the way I appreciate accidents occur because fireworks sometimes go wrong through no fault of the person setting them off (i.e. a bad firework or a genuine accident). Again, you can apply a million analogies indicating the same thing with hundreds of products.

Saying that with the present Labour government maybe they will eventually ban them one day (ask the fox hunters about appeasing a minority).

Ian W

Organised public displays at a civilised time? No problem! Drunken yobs hurling bangers around at all hours of the night? Big problem!

It's no good just making it an offence to let them off in the street - how can that be policed?

Restrict the sale of fireworks to bona fide organisers of public displays, and we might get somewhere...

Following the ban on decent bangers and airbombs, I wonder how long it will be before there is a serious accident in the tunnel or on a ferry as someone tries to bring a van load of loud fireworks over from France a about a quater of the price of the equivelent firepower if brought over here.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

DavyR:

Organised public displays at a civilised time? No problem! Drunken yobs hurling bangers around at all hours of the night? Big problem!

It's no good just making it an offence to let them off in the street - how can that be policed?

Restrict the sale of fireworks to bona fide organisers of public displays, and we might get somewhere...

{Jerry Springer style canned whoops}

That's it, Davy - normality is restored to the forums :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I will probably be thought of as a stingy old moaner as I think they are a complete waste of money.

Organised events with the money going to charity is about the best option.

"Following the ban on decent bangers and airbombs"

The only thing decent was the banning, brings it home when you see sheep or cattle stampeding because some idiot has frightened them. People go on about dogs and cats and keeping them indoors but fail to think about all of the wild life and animals like cattle.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist