Dream Lake

Wag

Hi SA and welcome to the forum.

First I think you'd need something the size of Windermere to do all that. :D

Second, if you ever get the chance to do it, let me know where it is.......so I don't go there by mistake. :rolleyes:

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome s.a. please dont take offence but you've just made me feel like taking up golf at weekends! :cc_surrender:

grumble grumble, barbel in ponds, grumble grumble.................this is a dream pond not a nightmare B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Sounds like the ultimate non commercial commercial to me SA! Welcome to AN by the way.

Not for me either but I like or should say prefer my fishing to be natural (mind you that in it self is extremely subjective) as possible rather than be made to look as natural as possible! You changed your mind with your second post whys that?

Dont worry about being a "newbie" either people on here have all different ranges of experience and we enjoy reading what their veiws are.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Having read mike1234's post on the upcoming changes to one of his favourite venues, I wondered what type of fish would you stock and what rules/bans would you impose if you won the lottery and could design your own fishing lake?

I'll let others chip in before I give mine.

This is something i constantly think about,when i'm driving around in the countryside i'm always looking at tree lined fields and imagining what i could do with them if i owned one.If i could only have one lake then it would be a mixed fishery holding roach,perch,rudd,tench and a sensible amount of catfish,pike and carp.Having dug my lake i would probably allow it to mature a couple of years before introducing any fish,giving them a nice environment to live in with plenty of natural food to go at.I would then leave them another couple of years to grow(i wouldn't be in a rush to start fishing for them).

Of course the best peg with most features would be at the end of the garden of the house i built at the same time.Apart from no litter,no fires and no crapping in the trees i wouldn't need any rules as fishing would be by invitation only to friends i know are competent anglers.Having said that,if the first one went well,i would have an AN fish every year just to share a little bit of my own paradise.

No carp or barbel.

Silvers, tench, bream, catfish.

No overnight camping, no alcohol, no anglers under 18, even accompanied.

Licence MUST be shown prior to fishing, no keep nets,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

No carp or barbel.

Silvers, tench, bream, catfish.

No overnight camping, no alcohol, no anglers under 18, even accompanied.

Licence MUST be shown prior to fishing, no keep nets,

And definitely NO PEANUTS!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Anybody found naming fish will be force fed peanuts (in the shells) until they explode.