Cancer Research

nursejudy

Hi judy

il do it i used to do seti and an older type of cancer research prog + keeps the wife off the pute hehehe:)

(funny its the same prog :cool: :)

sg

[ 30. July 2005, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

so we provide the processing power and the uni gets any credit through our "screensaver" use, maybe 5% of the royalties for our electric use may get more help, seeing as the uni gets millions for their "help" :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

so we provide the processing power and the uni gets any credit through our "screensaver" use, maybe 5% of the royalties for our electric use may get more help, seeing as the uni gets millions for their "help"   :rolleyes:  

I'd feel quite happy to allow it - I have 2 friends being treated for cancer right now, and if I felt I could help, then help I most certainly would. I really don't care who makes the money if the results mean that other friends can be cured of the disease. Software will be downloaded as soon as I get in from work.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

chesters1:

so we provide the processing power and the uni gets any credit through our "screensaver" use, maybe 5% of the royalties for our electric use may get more help, seeing as the uni gets millions for their "help"   :rolleyes:  

me thinks Chesters just might have done this ...but he has an image to maintain........one can hope !!!

thanks to all who feel able to help and best wishes to those conducting their own research :D

Judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Thought I'd put it back to the top. Its a worthy cause, it'll cost you nought and it won't interfer with whatever else you do on your PC.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

i was pointing out if the persons computer that came up with the goods got a % of the royalties then maybe many more people would help and the problem solved quicker,yes its a good cause but why should the uni get the rights to everything and then sell to the highest bidder.

if we stopped having wars just a fraction of the money wasted furthering our interests could actually cure rather than kill!

blame the government for the meagre research grants and the underpaid techs that do the real work ,blame them for wilfully allowing drugs to be grown that cause misery to kids and their parents and the victims caused through the drug users needing huge sums of money to fund their state run addiction not only in wasted resources in police manpower but NHS time as well :mad:

if the uk didnt sponser our "saved" friends the afghans and their drug growing pastimes the money saved by the police in tracking down the importers (most afghan opium byeproducts comes here) and the dealers and the NHS just saves the extra money needed to treat just the afghan product users lives of woe there would be a very large increase in money available for research ,unfortunatly though rather than spending it on the people any money would be used to support ex taliban refugees ,thugs and mass murderers living here :rolleyes:

[ 02. August 2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson