Classic cars/Bikes you owned

Dan

Mad as a march hare in my youth Dan, one of the hairiest moments was on Biggin hill runway when a plug packed up and the fuel kept going in via the injector (Wal Philips) and the cylinder head punched it's way up into the fibre glass tank, damned good job it was ethanol and not petrol.......right by my right ear'ole too

My driver(?) forgot he had a chair on the side one day and shoved me (in the chair) into the back of a bus.....wasn't me guv.. :D:D I really shouldn't be here to be writing all this...

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By tweeking did you mean lying on the tank when going downhill?! . My honda 125 motocrosser had the ability to scare anyone, god knows what the new 400's are like?!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

we used to drive a hillman hunter holbay around a field when we were kids,

i once owned a matra bagheera

peugeot 404 pickup

1275 gt mini

dan i failed my driving test in my bosses cherry turbo they were rapid in their day compaired to my 850 mini van :D:D

Dan:

By tweeking did you mean lying on the tank when going downhill?!          .  My honda 125 motocrosser had the ability to scare anyone, god knows what the new 400's are like?!

dan

Dan,

Nope the tweaking involved a little bit of exhaust modication....ok! ok!......the factory exhaust ditched for something a little bit less restricted, some carb mods and different sprockets. Strangely enough the engine ate itself from the inside out one day. Cant think why?

demon demon

Lost count of the bikes I have owned in over 53 years of riding ..

Present collection includes ..

Ariel Square 4

Douglas Dragonfly

Suzuki GS550E (78)

Suzuki GS1000 (79)

33 year-old Honda C90 Brilliant !!

Kawasaki Z1b (80)

Kawaski GTR1000A7

Honda CB750 F2® (94)

Mind you .. I do ride for a living !! :D:D

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Er, don't know about 'classic' vehicles, but I used to have a Kawasaki AR125, till I failed my test, which was also on my 23rd birthday :(

And I now have a Mini (City) in the garage, but can't drive :rolleyes: . It's only been there for 4 years - I've just turned 34, think it's probably time I learnt eh!