Braid Hooklength advice please

dizidave

Im thinking of experimenting with braid hooklengths. At the moment, all my hooklengths are tied using preston powerline. I use eyed hooks (Preston PR27's) tied with a knotless knot and a loop to attach to the mainline (usually via a swivel).

Is there any disadvantage to using braid? do i need to use any different knots?.

Cheers, D.

yup me too...tend to use fluro-carbon during the day, as the braid I use is coated, and although it can be stripped back, I like to use combi-rigs, which make it too visible for my liking during the day (talking rivers here though)

Unless it's running through and has plenty of colour in it, then it don't matter...

Knotless knot works fine

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

out of interst ..

what lb braid would be suitable when using

6lb - 8lb mono mainline ??

I would prefer hook like to break so I get all my gear back lol

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg