Peugeot 106 (Roland Garros)

Mally

I'm thinking of buying one of the above and I was wondering if any of you know how well a full compliment of fishing tackle fits into a 106? Also secondly if any of you have any experiance of owning a 106 roland garros or a smilar car, what are they like?

106's are not a bad little car in my experience. A mate of mine has a Garage and I nearly bought one myself last week, then the back started, so I'm glad I didn't! Mate of mine Towser had one (I was buying it?!)And he takes off regular but only sea fishing. Mind he has a habit of taking everything except the kitchen sink. He reckons the bathroom sink is much better anyway!!

I'll ask him this weekend about it and let you know.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

My sea fishing gear is longer than my coarse gear, broken down.

I get 7ft sections in my van quite easily :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I drive a peugeot 406 and take an awful lot of gear out with me (why?) i have no trouble when i`m on my own but it`s a bit of a struggle if i take anyone with me. love the car though.

Hi Mally, ive got a 106 diesel and its a good workhorse .

Mines a M reg and ive just had to spend a bit of brass on it after owning it for 4 years.

New ignition, alternator,fan belt,stop selanoid, starter motor and some wiring to injection pump.

All these were general wear and tear replacements as its done just over 103,000 miles.

The rod holdall goes in ok but stretches over the passenger window a bit.

I also have a 306 and that guzzles petrol so it will be going soon and replaced with summat smaller in light of increasing fuel prices.

The 106 Diesel does a good 70 to the gallon.

Thanks for that Tyke, We never did get round to either that Bain Session or having a go on my club water for the Tench. Hows things going with your fishing anyway, did you get to the bain yourself? I had a Crap season, didn't get out nearly as much as i would have liked, and failed miserably on the barbel/trent front.