Our England.............

Guest Ferret1959

Scapanapper:

Yeah a really busy bloke.

No wonder there is'nt a bank holiday for him, he wouldn't have time to take it.

BTW I recall years ago that the Catholic Church removed St George from the Saints register. Anyone know if that is right or have I suffered salt water dementia again???

Cheers

Scapa   :confused:  

I don't think that can be correct. I got the info on his Patronage from here.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons that the PC dont want the english to celebrate with the english flag is that during the crusades it was the symbol of Christianity against Islam and may offend arabic or muslim people .what a load of tosh .

when you think you know everything think again....

When I was a kid in the sixties (before PC was thaught of) we did'nt have a bank holiday or much other commemoration of St George so I don't go along with that explaination.

Scapa

Guest Ferret1959

I wonder how Micheal Jackson feels about being called black or even being called white?

Better than being called kiddy fiddler I bet. :)

Many years ago I flew back into Manchester Airport from Southern Ireland ,in a private six seater plane, following a sea trout fishing trip.

We had to pass through a sort of "back door" Customs facility and hand in forms, showing where we had been and why.

On my form under "Nationality", I put "English".

When I gave my form in, I was stopped and told to change it to "British", I refused.

I was then taken into a back room, with just two chairs and a table and this chap (Customs or Special Branch ?)told me I would sit there until I changed it.

Again, I refused and told him to go and get his Boss, so I had the name of a responsible person to give my Solicitor, when I sued the backside off somebody.

He left the room and returned about 60 seconds later and told me I could leave.

Although I wrote to the Manchester Airport Authorities, I never did find out who it was that stopped me and why.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

A visit to the Anne Franke House in Amsterdam might make all you flag waving patriots think again!

Me, I'm English through and through! Mu bloodline includes Scottish, Romani, Viking and Jutes. Typical East Anglian. I love England and the culture that makes England England, I'm proud to fly a Red Ensign on my boat.

But the Anne Franke house is a stark reminder of the predudice and killing of the Second World War. But there is no patriotism and hatred there, just a clear message. Remove the boundaries, remove the national flags, remove the nationalities as separate identities, and you know what, we would have nothing to fight for. Makes sense. But I like being English!

Peter, you forget religion.

There have been as many conflicts about religion, as there have about boundaries, national flags, nationalities as seperate identities, etc etc.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "