I need help for fishing lakes!

Lik It Tongue

just the same reason if you built a car you would need to pay car tax

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

errr right...

Can anyone tell me why I need a EA license to fish in my own pond?

If I've dug the pond on my own land and stuck the fish in it I'm rather inclined to tell the EA to bog off.

MC

What does err rightmean you can fish at any age

No matter how old you are. You can still fish.

Is it? I thought that the basic justification for car tax was to provide a contribution to the public purse from which comes the finance to build the roads for me to drive my car on.

In my example I've built the road and own it.

Forcing me to buy a license to use a rod is bizarre. This would mean that if I want to buy a rod for mounting on my lounge wall I'd need a license... and for every year it was mounted.

MC

you'd only need the rod license if you were using the rod! if it was mounted on the wall you wouldnt need one just like if you werent using your car it would be declared sorn.

i didnt know you had to have a license to fishin in your own back garden! that seems a bit silly. but i think youd have to be really unlucky to get a fine! :D

www.prostate-cancer.org.uk Real Men Know About It

There's three good ways of finding out where to go in your local area:

1. Ask in your local tackle shop, according to Yell.com Basingstoke has one here:

Two Guys Fishing

27a, Burnaby Close, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG22 6UJ

Tel: 01256 464981

Yell.com also brought up this place under Fisheries:

Watmore Farm Fisheries

Fox Lane, Eversley Cross, Hook, Hampshire RG27 0NQ

Tel: 01252 876323

2. Look on the Environment Agency website, this guide in PDF format is specific to Hampshire and the Isle of Wight:

PDF Guide to Hampshire 2007

3. Search on Google (or your prefered search engine) for fishing, angling, basingstoke, hampshire, etc. You can also use Google maps to find lakes and ponds in the local are using the satellite images.

Another way is to wait for a fellow angler who lives in the area to reply to this topic.

Have fun.

Forcing me to buy a license to use a rod is bizarre. This would mean that if I want to buy a rod for mounting on my lounge wall I'd need a license... and for every year it was mounted.

MC

No ModelCitizen you wouldn't need a licence for your wall mounted rod until you used it to catch fish.

You need a Rod Licence (unless you are under 12) to angle for fish using a Rod and Line on all fresh-waters including private and commercial ponds (which includes your garden pond).

Why you can't fish your own garden pond without a licence I don't know; perhaps it may be because of spreadable deseases or parasites? but I don't really know; however you could still spread these things even if you had a licence but thats the ruling that we have to abide by.

Anyway you would have to have a large garden pond to make it worth fishing with a rod and line; plus I don't really think that the EA would really bother with anyone fishing a small garden pond in someones back garden, do you?.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

a week or so back i was fishing a local pond thats right on the edge of a council estate, i only fish there on week days when most of the local idiots are in school or at work,

when i arrived there was about 6 or 7 others fishing around the pond, about 11'am a white van pulls up and 2 men get out doing some kind of water test, dipping a machine with some kind of probe on the top in the water and dangling some other device on a chord into the water at several points around the pond

it didnt take long to spot the ones with no rod licenses within 20 mins the place had cleared, one lad of about 19 came over and asked me if they was "them fishing license people" and stated that if they bothered him he would just throw them in to which i replied i will just show them my license

i didnt see him after that and seen the 2 men drive off bone dry,

i am not sure what they was doing or even if they was from the environment agency but they gave me a quieter morning,

P.S i have to shamefully admit i have been tempted to go fishing in my garden pond :whistling:

I used to live in Wokingham which isn't to far from Basingstoke. There are a few waters in the area for day ticket fishing but it depends on what you want to do. If you want to sit behind buzzers and are after carp try California country park, its not a prolific fishery but IIRC it is cheap enough and there are a few big carp in there, although you'll probabl;y need someone to drop you off. If you are after commercial fisheries then head to your tackle shop, there are a lot in the area to look at so ask them and find out which is fishing well.