Watch out, there's an Anti about

peter morton

78.62% against a ban sounds great but what do you think the percentage would have been if the public had been asked whether, say, livebaiting should be banned?

I am confident that, at least in the short/medium term angling is safe from an outwright ban. What I am not so sure about is that we are safe from the imposition of restictions on access and some angling practices. I think that this is quite likely to be the tactic of the antis in the short term rather than going strait for a total ban.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul_D:

quote:

Foxes rule OK..  
Well we beat Charlton fair and square.......   :D  
Is that football lingo??

Telling the wrong person. I know as much about football as I do about....um....maths.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

If I come across an anti while I'm participating in my chosen recreation, I should first of all, enlighten him/her as to what a well balanced individual it has helped me become, how I have no intention of harming my intended quarry. How I could not give a toss for opinion polls, the only one that matters to me, is mine! If if they would care to engage in behavior liable to cause a breach of the peace, that's not a problem either. The police are too busy manning their speed cameras to be busy fighting their deranged corner,

and for good measure, West Yorkshire Police have quite a lot of officers who take the same view as I do.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

It seems to me that too many people have their heads in the sand when it comes to the way our lives are being restricted by those who are running this country for us.

I'm not a member of the CA and I've never been on a fox hunt' neither do I understand why anyone would want to' but do I respect the rights of others to use the countryside and enjoy their chosen sport in the same way I do.

I would have more respect for this government if they spent some time stopping illegal cock fighting, dog fighting and badger baiting and after that we could look at the way meat and fish is bred and killed for our consumption. The hypocrisy is staggering.

I would love to know how many hours and how much of our money this government has been spent on banning hunting with hounds. Hooray, Blair has saved a few foxes that will now be shot instead.

Would you have voted for this waste of time and money? Can't anyone think of anything more important for them to do, something that might make a real difference to our ailing country?? Sadly the list of real problems is massive and fox hunting wasn't even on it.

I am begining to think that we should have joined forces with the CA and helped to stop this rot. It's not about fox hunting it's about people sticking their noses into other peoples lives just because they dont understand them.

Guest sslatter

The same old tired non-argument. "We do it, we like doing it, and who is society to say what we should or should not do in our own backyards?"

We live in a democracy. The countryside is not just for those who live in it, it's for everybody.

"I'm not a member of the CA and I've never been on a fox hunt' neither do I understand why anyone would want to' but do I respect the rights of others to use the countryside and enjoy their chosen sport in the same way I do."

..as long as it doesn't infringe your own personal morality, eh? Is there nothing that you want "banned"?

BTW I wish I had a quid for every poster who writes words to the effect of: "I'm not pro-hunting but.."

The same old tired non-argument. "We do it, we like doing it, and who is society to say what we should or should not do in our own backyards?"

I dont belive that this is a tired old argument. This whole debate is one that is dictated by the "personal Moralities" on both sides.

Untill the antis come up with something other than there own "personal morality" then there can be no justification for the ban.

Guest sslatter

A Worm.. it was the collective concensus of "morality" that sounded the death-knell for foxhunting, not an individual one. We do live in a democracy.

What is wrong exactly with writing "I am not pro hunting, but" if it is true

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest sslatter

Well.. it always follows that someone writes: "I'm not pro-hunting, but.." followed by some statement or other that is pro-hunting and pro-hunters.. and if you can't see that, well..

Graham

If that were the case then Ok but I dont think that it is. None of the polls that I have seen have come down overwhelmingly on one side or another. Certainly none have sugested that the anti hunt loby represents the collective moral position of the country.

Democrasy is supposed to be about more than who can get 51% of the vote to pass law. Democrasy is also about protecting minority views from the majority.