Watch out, there's an Anti about

peter morton

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr X, I’ve read your desperate cries for attention over the last few days and responded to a number, but the penny has dropped and I can now reveal that you are at least one of three things.

You’ve changed your sign in from ‘Graham X’ to just plain old ‘X ‘and now back to ‘Graham X.’ You were ‘Graham Malcolm’ at one stage but that didn’t last long. Anything but a real name and that’s not a good sign on angling forums when it comes to the issue of morality, pain, pleasure derived from fishing or hunting or shooting and all of the other issues about which you want to bang your bigoted and very loud drum. That makes me smell a rat. I generally like to know who I’m talking to when discussing this stuff and whilst its bad enough when we don’t know who you are, its even worse when you seem to have little idea yourself. Judging from the swift personae changes in your profile that is. For someone with such forceful convictions you seem to be shy about your identity. I also see that your interests have also changed from 'fishing, writing, guitar, conservation and wildlife' to ‘getting up reactionary bigots noses' Want to be a man of mystery? Trying to impress with your quick wit? Perhaps you should ultimately change your stated interests to ‘getting a laugh or two’ because for sure that’s about all you’ve managed to do so far. Most of the regular posters on here know at least one other, have met or fished together. So does anyone here know you Mr X? Anyone vouch for you being who you say you are? If we ever figure out precisely who that is of course. On the other hand you could just be a mad loner with a complex chip on his shoulder. I mean…all these paranoid delusions that you have about myself and others being bigoted members of the CA with hidden agendas.

On a serious note I’m curious…. When you are out with the hunt sabs and its getting past your bedtime (early, in your case I suspect) do you actually say to your friends…..’sorry guys I’d like to stop and help you roll marbles under those horses but I’m off fishing in the morning ?’ You see, that’s the other big problem that I have with your identity, it just doesn’t ring true. None can be that opposed to one bloodsport and yet claim to be so attached to another. Not unless confusion was all that you intended to create or that you were indeed barmy.

Another concern. For someone claiming to be (in your original profile) a writer and publisher, you don’t seem to be able to conduct a reasoned argument without falling back on personal insults when you run out of steam and that appears to be ‘frequently’ At one point you even suggested violence if we ever met, Heavy stuff for clearly such a literary lightweight who claims to be a publisher and writer. If you were relying on the proceeds of publishing your own words, I suspect you would have starved a long time ago. Far too much petulance and bluster and not enough substance.

Sorry, back to the ‘one of three things’. I think that you are either

1 A sab masquerading as an angler and looking for trouble

2 A bored nobody who thinks he’s smarter than everyone else and who merely wants a bit of fun.

Possibly even someone who’s posted before under another name

3. A witless lunatic

Whatever it is, and whilst I wouldn’t suggest to any one else that they follow suit, I’m going to ignore you from now on. It’s getting far too much like arguing with an unruly child.

Lastly a piece of advice. In one of the ‘Lower Itchen’ threads you said ‘Oh God.. I SOOOOOO wish I could come’ Might I respectfully suggest that you change hands, it would seem entirely appropriate in your case.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dear Gerry,

So nice talking to a real name.

But the rub here even though I believe your name "is" Gerry, is that profiles don't mean that much anyway if one wants to lend bogus authenticity to hidden identities?

It’s rife on "certain" sites.

I'm pretty much happy to talk angling shop with anyone and that definitely includes Uncle X.

One of the first battle tactics learned by the anti angling forces way back was how to infiltrate the angling media for the sole purpose of causing disunity and general mayhem. The letters pages of the weeklies used to be a firm favourite. It’s not that hard to bombard a letters desk with "opinions" designed to cause rifts between genuine anglers. Now that the fishing forum is here it’s a piece of cake for the anti's to do the same. Just create an identity and you're away!

Daft as this sounds it’s also a recognised tack to create multiple identities each with profiles filled in for the sole purpose of "gang posting" for specific purposes. The anti's love this move but it’s also used by genuine anglers for dubious purposes. So, real life on the internet can be anything but real!

Comfortably, I know most of those personally who I've crossed "pens" with over the years on the internet. Fished with a fair few as well.

Frankly, Uncle X disappoints me. He comes across eloquently in some posts scribing his way across the pages like a ballet dancer, then comes crashing in through the church door like a Viking with a blunt axe. Good cop-bad cop? Or more than one posting as Uncle X?

Please don't stop answering Uncles posts. Would be a dull thread without the humour that arises from word wart conflict. And here, we are all warts of the word.

Regards,

Elvis.

fancy picking on malcom he's only 10

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

But Argyll isn't Argyll, he's a bloke called Gerry.

As for Trent Barbeller, well, we shall never know!

Malcom X, well, reckon Lee is about right.

Agendas pretty soon surface. Trouble makers pretty soon move on.

Thanks Lee, I just don't have time or the inclination to cross swords with a clown on an angling forum. Now if this were a circus forum that would be an entirely different matter. Trouble with me is that I get bored if not sufficiently stimulated and X no longer hits the spot. I expect he/she is off somewhere right now sharing a bottle of Bulmers with the Southampton Sabbers and drafting a group response cleared by the committee and liberally littered with words like 'agenda' 'bigot' and amusing plays on my name, but I prefer and only respond to instant, witty repartee. Settle for nothing less.

If it ever looks like you're running out of steam Lee then I shall interject. However I dont think thats likely. Keep up the extraodinarily perceptive and amusing comments. It makes up for the dross. Lovely stuff.

Bring on Y and Z.

[ 22. February 2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Guest sslatter

Yep. We've seen it all before, we're seeing it now, and no doubt we'll see it all again..

..and Newt.. as a moderator, your bias does this site no favours, nor yourself.

Just my opinion.

i like clowns their shoes are funny

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson