Do we not have an Ashes thread?

Vagabond:

went fishing on the third day too, but went at 4am so I was back by 10.30! I like to watch good cricket, irrespective of who is "winning" or "losing".

I didn't think that there would be any play with all of that rain so I watched the MotoGP instead! Awesome! I wouldn't have stood out in that rain to watch the race - let alone ride a bike at over 100mph in it!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chevin:

chevin:

went fishing on the third day too, but went at 4am so I was back by 10.30! I like to watch good cricket, irrespective of who is "winning" or "losing".

I didn't think that there would be any play with all of that rain
There was a full day's play on the THIRD day - maybe you are thinking of the fourth day - ironically I thought the same as you that Sunday, went wrecking, got blown off by lunchtime, (3/4 forecast - turned to 5/6 when we got 25 miles offshore) and reached home just as the players came out late afternoon to finish the match.

I notice that, being cautious, you are not crowing as yet :D:D:D

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Yes Vags, you are quite right. I did see the third day's play, it was the final day that I missed.

No I am certainly not crowing! England took us to four days! That is not something Aussie fans take very kindly! If it happens again, heads will roll! demon

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• 2 weeks later...

no Glen McGrath = no wickets?

England are batting really, really well for a change.....things are looking up :)

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Botham would an excellent choice as part of the England management, but I do feel that may too late now, he should have been there a few years back, plus there would currently be a problem wih his sky sports duties.

What i dont understand is why Collingwood is not playing???? For me he has been the absolute stand out player this year and his recent county form is 2nd to none :D

Keep it reel!!

why, why, why is Ian Bell playing test match cricket?....he is s**t!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

totally agree Awaaar, he's not on form and Collingham who is scoring for fun at poresent gets to sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs wondering what he has to do!!

crazy fools!!!

Keep it reel!!

it was the freddie flintoff show :(

I'll get my coat...

- WC Fields

Something vaguely encouraging for once! I suspect that innings may have saves Trescothicks England career....Let's face it though, Tres has stuggle with McGrath (in particular) so it will be interesting to see if he can carry the form on.

Bell and Vaughn. Bell I can give the benefit of the doubt to (don't agree he should be in the side over Thorpe, but thats another story). Again though Vaughn looks to have given a pretty unconvincing batting performance.

All in much better and at a decent scoring rate. The telling story will be if Australia come out and hit 500, so perhaps we should all take a breather and realise it's still day one!

Ian W