Aquarium

Leon Roskilly

Is it just me, or did anyone else find that quite disturbing?

Janet

I wouldn't say disturbing Janet , i am rather taken by it to be honest. I can understand what you are on about though but look at it the other way ; how long would they last in open water?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Disgusting, isn't it Leon.

How anyone could justify holding the world's largest fish captive in a tank, I do not know.

The irony is that if one were to be impaled by an explosive tipped harpoon, fired by a well healed tourist paying a fortune for the 'privilege', killed instantly and the video published on YouTube, there would be outcry.

Yet, here we have three specimens, removed from their natural environment, never to reproduce, but the star attraction where tourist $$$$'s count for everything....add a bit of sombre music, and hey presto, propaganda galore!

Have a look at the comments section and you will see what I mean. I chose this one especially.

Made me cry... I aim to beome a marine biologist someday, and the open ocean fascinates me. I went scubadiving in the big tank at EPCOT...best experience of my life.

Explains an awful lot!

http://www.whalesharkpetition.com/Default.aspx

See. Who needs MCZ's and MPA's when we can have those?

Was that irony or sarcasm?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!