RIP Robin Cook

Brian Carragher

Just read about the untimley death of Robin Cook.

Recent parliamentry events have shown that out of over 400 MPs his was the only voice of concience amongst the leading Labour members and in particular the Government at the time. No one else had the courage to say what he said whilst in a position to be able to influence others and at the same time sacrifice his own career for things he thought were right.

I for one will miss his sharp wit and debating skills that I thought were second to none

Not a member of my favourite government, but admired his stand on principle.

More bottle than the rest.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest stevie cop

That's a shame. He had morals and wasn't corrupted by bLiar and the rest of his sleaze ridden party.

A sad loss for British politics and the British people.

He seemed a pretty straight guy, unlike Mr Blair ... and a very good politician. His resignation in the House of Commons was very dignified, and was a good reflection on the man he was.

Sat behind him on a flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow once, and listening to him talking it was clear he was a nice guy, and knew what he was talking about.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

robin was a rare thing these days, a politician with principles. he'll be missed by many, but at least he died doing something he loved

hi i spoke to robin about 6 weeks back very honest man done alot of good for livingston people my dissabled son included, he will be sadly missed by meny :(

R I P

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif