World Record Pike!

Anglers' Net

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a picture of it in yesterdays daily star,it didn't say what weight it was though,it was caught in Poland :o

Oh! I thought they had eaten all their fish.............well acording to some posters on here!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Oh! I thought they had eaten all their fish.............well acording to some posters on here!

That's what I thought Budgie. Though I suppose it could get to that size feeding on horses noses, and the odd dog or small child that might paddle there. ;)

If any of you are thinking of going over there to hunt the giant pike, remember to obey all the local rules. You don't want all UK anglers to get a bad reputation, now do you??? :unsure:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

That's what I thought Budgie. Though I suppose it could get to that size feeding on horses noses, and the odd dog or small child that might paddle there. ;)

If any of you are thinking of going over there to hunt the giant pike, remember to obey all the local rules. You don't want all UK anglers to get a bad reputation, now do you??? :unsure:

John.

id rather no body went there for the sole purpose of catching that pike.......... too much pressure for it

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Measuring 156cm, or 61ins, from tip to tail, it is thought that the huge fish was taken last winter from an undisclosed venue in Poland. The pictures were sent in on an email lacking any detail, apart from the weight and length of the mighty creature, which is seen being held for trophy shots by two different ‘anglers’.

What does 'anglers' mean? Is it coz they is Polish and therefore must be breaking some rules or something?

Rich

Is it just me or does the pic look a little 'photoshopped'?

Rich

Doesn't look right does it? Sometimes digital cameras can create that effect, but that doesn't look digital.

I'm not sure about the ambiguous 'anglers', I read it as they have very little info and the people in the photos might have just found it dead or trawled it or something?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Is it just me or does the pic look a little 'photoshopped'?

Rich

Particularly the snow covered background and the nice lush green grass at his feet.............unless of course he's just pee'd himself with excitement!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Particularly the snow covered background and the nice lush green grass at his feet.............unless of course he's just pee'd himself with excitement!

Don't be silly Nick, the barbeque from the other fish will have melted the snow! :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John