I think hunting should be banned because

nigelnibbles

Guest Ferret1959
Cranfield:

Sorry if I was sidetracking, I should have realised that we mustn't let facts get in the way of a good discussion........"whatever". :D:D

:)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like true facts, but when you start to get more postings about which dog, instead of whether the "hunt" should take place, then we are digressing. I suppose we will now have a long discussion on the number of postings!!

[ 15. November 2004, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

i can only say that you, those in favour of a ban, are all wrong. You see it as wrong to kill fox in a way that ensure NO pain and you do not post topics saying that sports such as boxing should be banned as it leaves long lsting fatal probems you need only to look at Ali.

wearyone:

Corydoras.

No doubt you would still submit an adulterous wife to stoning.

Err, no.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

kleinboet:

I like true facts...

Are there any other kind of facts?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

And whilst I am in a critical, fed-up mood what is all this stuff about Bassetts and Beagles?

Beagles were (are?) used to chase hares. God knows what Basset's were bred to chase originally but one presumes that it must have been some kind of quarry that did not run very fast. Most Basset's I have seen were bat fastards who could not catch a liquourice allsort

[ 15. November 2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

Hardly digressing, I was just trying to clear up any misunderstanding about, " the fox not being torn apart by starving Beagles.??"

They wouldn't have been beagles and they wouldn't have been starving..............."whatever" :D:D:D

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Guest Ferret1959
corydoras:

And whilst I am in a critical, fed-up mood what is all this stuff about Bassetts and Beagles?

Beagles were (are?) used to chase hares. God knows what Basset's were bread to chase originally but one presumes that it must have been some kind of quarry that did not run very fast. Most Basset's I have seen were bat fastards who could not catch a liquourice allsort

Bassett hounds.

Beagle.

Fox hounds.

So Bassets were used by the French to chase deer, hare and rabbits. I am having problems getting my head round this! Bassets are these things that are about 18 inches high at the shoulder, about 3 feet long and weigh about 50 kilos? How one could ever catch a hare (like the use whippets for this where I come from) defeats even my fertile imagination.