AT helping the EA to knock the last few nails in?

lutra

I don't think I'm alone in feeling (as perhaps a more traditional coarse angler) like a criminal/prisoner in the world of commercial coarse fishing, so can i have my rights please? :)

as i said, i'm a pike angler in a country which caters for game anglers. obviously not in the usual pike haunts like lomond, ken and other southern lochs. even loch awe is pike friendly these days to a certain extent, but i like to get off the beaten track in the north and west, and trust me theres places where pike are still considered vermin and the people who fish for them not much better. criminals would be a compliment.

Gav

King Piker

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys really should take a look at the Conservation & Politics forum on here more, and maybe post, as there are lots of people seemingly banging nails in our coffin.

Strangely, not one of them is an 'anti'.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You guys really should take a look at the Conservation & Politics forum on here more, and maybe post, as there are lots of people seemingly banging nails in our coffin.

Strangely, not one of them is an 'anti'.

elton, i suspect this is a political issue which has happened to rear its head in the forum- not that it doesn't belong here! but surely if posters in the conservation/ politics forum are, as u say, seemingly banging nails in their own coffin then they don't belong on a.n.? just a thought.freedom of speech etc..

i may be a bit hasty in my judgement i'm going to have look at aforementioned forum now.

Gav

King Piker

It isn't the members on the forum that are banging the nails in.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Even if it was the members banging the nails in, i think they should be entitled to there views. It just gets my back up when they try to enforce their views on others that don't share them, as seems to be happening with the taking of coarse fish.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

yeah ok maybe a bit hasty. but the discussions and points being made dont differ much from the last 8 pages of this topic. ('elders' issue aside :D ). but seriously, martin salter mp, governmental spokesman for angling and a keen angler himself, surely as an elected individual has influence within, or even over an unelected body such as the e.a? i've heard him speak up for angling on numerous occassions he seems genuine. can the e.a just create laws unto themselves? if so, why? any opposition from the esteemed mr salter can surely nip this in the bud? i shall try contact him through his official means but obviously he may a wee bit busy to answer personally!

Gav

King Piker

This is great!

A few more members putting their views on a topic, (even if the topic has morphed into one about member input :D ).

I love it when more members join in the 'fray', differing views are what this forum lark is all about.

I might not agree with what you say, and I might say as much, but I'm always willing to learn, or see something in a different way.

As much as I like to listen to what the 'elders' say, it can get a bit 'samey' after a while.

I know when the subject is important to me I can get a bit 'gobby' (in the best possible way of course), but that's just my passion for angling emerging. If fact it surprised me when I looked my post count, I hadn't realised I'd made so many in my 3 and a half years on here :o .

Elton is right about the C&P forum, it doesn't get as much 'traffic' as it deserves. My present situation has made me more aware of the political side of things, and I've dipped in there a lot more recently, and had my eyes well and truly opened on some things in the process.

So come on, let's have more input please, the more the merrier. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

This is great!

A few more members putting their views on a topic, (even if the topic has morphed into one about member input :D ).

I love it when more members join in the 'fray', differing views are what this forum lark is all about.

I might not agree with what you say, and I might say as much, but I'm always willing to learn, or see something in a different way.

As much as I like to listen to what the 'elders' say, it can get a bit 'samey' after a while.

I know when the subject is important to me I can get a bit 'gobby' (in the best possible way of course), but that's just my passion for angling emerging. If fact it surprised me when I looked my post count, I hadn't realised I'd made so many in my 3 and a half years on here :o .

Elton is right about the C&P forum, it doesn't get as much 'traffic' as it deserves. My present situation has made me more aware of the political side of things, and I've dipped in there a lot more recently, and had my eyes well and truly opened on some things in the process.

So come on, let's have more input please, the more the merrier. :D

John.

Totaly agree with what youve said John I feel the same

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It isn't the members on the forum that are banging the nails in.

No as any member on any forum just isn't that influential.The Angling press however is.I have to agree with Gav's remarks on the seemingly immediate profit driven short sightedness of these publications who can influence a large amount of people.

Peters point about why so many of the AT's readership can be so easily influenced is also probably correct (and that's not meant in a condescending way just a simple observation)

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

No as any member on any forum just isn't that influential.The Angling press however is.I have to agree with Gav's remarks on the seemingly immediate profit driven short sightedness of these publications who can influence a large amount of people.

Peters point about why so many of the AT's readership can be so easily influenced is also probably correct (and that's not meant in a condescending way just a simple observation)

Elton, this is pretty much the sub-plot I've been on about regarding the weeklies for too long.

You're right about the EA's proposed change - it does only affect those who take for the table, but as the eco-system of each river is different, what the hell are they doing even suggesting a blanket change to the law? It would therefore seem that it isn't just the AT that's short-sighted (although they're probably too myopic to realise what's going on other than the cash register being rotated by those who can't read anything paart from a balance sheet), the EA would appear to be just as culpable.

Any respect for the AT went out of the window years ago when they gave their 'Letter of the Week' prize to a bloke who wrote in whinging that he was fined for fishing without a licence. It rather shows what the AT thinks about the law - unless of course you happen to be an Eastern European.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine