Bird Flu...Problem or Hype

deanbmw

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i almost went queer but luckily capons were taken off the market and saved me from going over to the dark side

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Rumour has it that we need a bit of thinning out :( .

A sad reality of nature, and one that we must be prepared for. One of my daughters is a pharmascist at the UEA Hospital in Norwich. Apparently everything is in place, not least plans for the closure of night clubs, football grounds etc. If nothing else we won't be caught on the hop, but worrying nevertheless.

Peter Waller:

One of my daughters is a pharmascist at the UEA Hospital in Norwich. Apparently everything is in place, not least plans for the closure of night clubs, football grounds etc. If nothing else we won't be caught on the hop, but worrying nevertheless.

Will they ban work?!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

quote:

Originally posted by Dan:

Will they ban work?!

Second thoughts ..... no I'll never get a plumber now!

Dan

[ 17. October 2005, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Dan ]

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

They're talking about 50,000 "excess deaths", but you have to bear in mind that normal flu causes about 15,000 of these every year. I'm not belittling that, my grandparents are in their 80's and seem to have become much more frail over the last year or so, and I'm afraid for them, but it's likely that many of the people who die will be people who will not survive their next illness whatever it is.

Having said that, the 1918 flu has recently been genetically reconstructed from old tissue samples, and found to be a bird flu. What was unusual about that flu virus was the number of fit and healthy young people it killed.

Still, good to know our "key workers" will be prioritised for vaccination and antiviral treatment. NHS front line staff, for sure, and emergency services personnel, but I haven't seen a definition of who else these people are; does it include "Diversity CoOrdinators" and "Promotional Events Organisers" and "Community Outreach Facilitators"?

I made that last one up. I just Googled it. There is such a job. Scary.

Why don't we simply place all our elderly relatives outside on the pavement, whilst we lock ourselves in with our stockpiled heinz bean and andrex mountains and wait till things have run their course?

[ 18. October 2005, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Scopex ]

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Scopex:

Why don't we simply place all our elderly relatives outside on the pavement, whilst we lock ourselves in with our stockpiled heinz bean and andrex mountains and wait till things have run their course?

Because within 4 hours of not having a cup of tea they'll revolt and beat you to death with their walking sticks :D

Steve Walker:

Steve Walker:

Because within 4 hours of not having a cup of tea they'll revolt and beat you to death with their walking sticks :D
Shucks....I just knew there had to be a down side! :D

Back to the drawing board methinks!

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."