St George tie pins banned. Because they MIGHT be racist!!

Slack lines

The point is Sportsman, tie pins are allowed as part of the uniform. So what is wrong with wearing a tie pin that supports Macmillan nurses, and is a St Georges cross, in England??

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that any show of our national identity is to be banned for fear of upsetting some minority. On the other hand any show of a minority's identity is to be applauded and celebrated as part of our multiracial society.

I guess suggesting I may be offended by people wearing an American flag on a 'T' Shirt, a kippot, jilbab, a tam, in fact any sign of national or religous identity would lead to me being prosecuted for racism.

I am getting sick to death of these do gooders trying to obliterate our identity in case we may upset someone. They are IMHO the cause of racial tension and have exactly the opposite to their desired aim.

Sportsman, I'm sorry if my previous post looks like I'm having a go at you. It isn't meant to :D:D

I'm just annoyed that a tie pin, that is allowed as part of the uniform, is banned because of the fact it has the English flag on it. They are after all working in England, it's not as if they are wearing them in a foreign country.

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

DavyR:

And while we're on political correctness...

http://www.expressandstar.com/articles/new...ticle_81092.php

:confused:  

Madness!

My MSN Messenger has a built in dancing pig 'wink'. Must remember to offend a few people with it today :rolleyes:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I fear for this country I really do,I put a George Cross sticker on the back of my van a few years back and within a week I was told to remove it by my employer as "it was against transport policy".

I will often wear a George badge on my hat when Im fishing and sometimes wear one on my jacket aswell,please tell me to remove it,go on I dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

My children are naughty - can I smack them - No I lost my parental control on chastisement.

My children want a bar of chocolate at playtime - can I give them one - No I lost my parental control on feeding them.

My children want to play with water pistols on a hot day - can I let them - No I lost my parental control on what toys to let them play with.

My children attend school smart but it's getting expensive - can I buy cheaper clothes - No I lost my parental control must buy through the school.

I don't want my children 'f'ing all over the place - Can I stop them - No I lost my parental control swearing is accepted in school.

I want my children to respect me - will they - No because someone else has taken away all my parental control.

I want my children to learn about our culture - can they - No I lost my parental control school is too busy 'practising' other cultures and hasn't time to teach our own.

So who has all my parental control - Oh yes those guys in suits 300 miles away.

So I have unruly children, who have forgotten all the manners I taught them, all the respect I have given them, and all the love and fun of being a child.

Whose fault is that - Oh yes thats when I suddenly regain my parental control and its my fault [Mad] [big Grin]

Wendy, that is one of the most sensible things I`ve ever seen on the Net. Well said.

wolf.gif