Why do so many anglers pour scorn on lures?

Peter Waller

after watching 3 hours of the video "how to" fish rapala lures i maybe on the look after many years for new plugging kit ,where can i get a nice rapala rod for a fiver :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a plethera of reels ,but that rapala rod may be difficult.did notice something though no wire they tie direct to the mainline ,maybe the reason yanks can work their baits is that we (at least in my club) must use 25lb trace in all forms of pike angling

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

no but english fish heavy a seastreak may be ok :D

i got a shimano fixed spool that will fit the bill even has a fighting drag for that fine tuning of the drag mentioned more than once :D

rapala seems to do everything ,their video shows how to use them all even at the seaside ,a very good video i even overlooked the accent :D

Mark, check the 'wallerin' thread.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

northern mark:

I used to fish spinners and plugs for jacks in the summer and worm for them in the winter.

The main problem I used to have was the idiots wanting to knock them on the head

Good grief. Idiots wanting to knock your lures on the head is even worse than the stick that Peter Waller got from some pikers who thought bait was the only way.

Seriously - soft plastics need more skill in working the lure since the angler has to impart most of the action but they can be deadly if used right.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Peter Waller:

The real skill comes in choosing the right method for the right day!

Indeed, and I certainly got it wrong here in Newbury,on the same day. Just fished for a couple of hours with deadbaits, mainly statics - just got one take from a jack, wobbling, which at least supports the need for a moving bait.

But why hadn't I predicted it was a day for spinning? I thought you really needed a mild day in winter for spinning. Wouldn't have called it that - water temp 6.5C, air temp approx 5C or less from memory. Air pressure about 1020, slightly high but not mega, surely? Admittedly I didn't take into account the coming weather change, but is that a trigger for spinning rather than deads?

Would value your comments PW, as I am someone who wants to learn from my blank days! And would I be right that, with the water temperature low, I'd need a very slow retrieve?

john clarke