What's XMAS???????????

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

If it's what I'm thinking we call it CHRISTMAS where I come from. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It makes me mad when folk use XMAS instead of the correct wording. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of fact Xmas is an appropriate abbreviation.

The Greek letter Che (X) was a secret code during Roman times for Christ. So Xmas = Che Mass or Christ mass. It is not just a modern dumbing down shortening.

Sorry to be a smart Ass but I believe this is the origin. Anyone know different?

Cheers

Scapa

[ 13. December 2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Scapanapper ]

Got it in one Scappa. That's it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ferret1959:

If it's what I'm thinking we call it CHRISTMAS where I come from. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It makes me mad when folk use XMAS instead of the correct wording. :mad: :mad: :mad:

happy xmas dave! :D

i was asking the vicar of the last church i was working in, if the fish symbol on the back of peoples cars was his lot or another cult, he said the fish was a secret symbol from when chistianity was illegal. it was an acronym of the greek word for fish. i said ichthus ? which he didnt hear & then proceeded to try to make an acronym from the latin for fish (piscat).

after watching him get his knickers in a twist for a minute, he realised his mistake & said oh i meant ichthus. i said i just said that !

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: