Diesel prices

ayjay

don't look for a bus any time here ,post office gone its shop will follow so a cars a necessity.

talking of post offices i see the post office adverts say "the peoples post office" err what people are those? certainly none around here and now only one in farham despite it being a town,trouble is we have to drive 4 miles to fill up.

spotted 127.9 a ltr today unleaded

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm the diesel one is strange it lists a garage at elstead that been gone for 3 years! ,were gu102aq

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hmmm the diesel one is strange it lists a garage at elstead that been gone for 3 years! ,were gu102aq

They've got a BP garage near me that has been gone a while now (Tescos opened nearby, selling cheaper petrol, and it was increasingly difficult to get back out onto the main road owing to growing traffic).

You can report errors by clicking on the station, then report error.

You can also update prices for petrol stations that are out of date.

see: http://www.whatgas.com/petrol-prices/nearest-petrol.aspx

(put in your postcode to see stations near to you - use 'add station' if any missing)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

going to speak to a bloke tomorrow about altering my pump settings etc so i can run on kerosene

just pay the taxes and vat and your all legal still costs about half or less than half the price of derv. :secret:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Interesting comment:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4793.html

As detailed in an earlier article, a conservative calculation is that at least 60% of today's $128 per barrel price of crude oil comes from unregulated futures speculation by hedge funds, banks and financial groups using the London ICE Futures and New York NYMEX futures exchanges and uncontrolled inter-bank or Over-The-Counter trading to avoid scrutiny. US margin rules of the government's Commodity Futures Trading Commission allow speculators to buy a crude oil futures contract on the Nymex, by having to pay only 6% of the value of the contract. At today's price of $128 per barrel, that means a futures trader only has to put up about $8 for every barrel. He borrows the other $120. This extreme “leverage” of 16 to 1 helps drive prices to wildly unrealistic levels and offset bank losses in sub-prime and other disasters at the expense of the overall population.

The hoax of Peak Oil—namely the argument that the oil production has hit the point where more than half all reserves have been used and the world is on the downslope of oil at cheap price and abundant quantity—has enabled this costly fraud to continue since the invasion of Iraq in 2003 with the help of key banks, oil traders and big oil majors. Washington is trying to shift blame, as always, to Arab OPEC producers. The problem is not a lack of crude oil supply. In fact the world is in over-supply now. Yet the price climbs relentlessly higher. Why? The answer lies in what are clearly deliberate US government policies that permit the unbridled oil price manipulations.

The hoax of Peak Oil—namely the argument that the oil production has hit the point where more than half all reserves have been used and the world is on the downslope of oil at cheap price and abundant quantity—has enabled this costly fraud to continue since the invasion of Iraq in 2003 with the help of key banks, oil traders and big oil majors. Washington is trying to shift blame, as always, to Arab OPEC producers. The problem is not a lack of crude oil supply. In fact the world is in over-supply now. Yet the price climbs relentlessly higher. Why? The answer lies in what are clearly deliberate US government policies that permit the unbridled oil price manipulations.

Total rubbish.

Peak Oil does not relate to the half way point of oil reserves.

Peak Oil is the point in time when maximum production is achieved and whilst demand is still climbing.

It does mean we are running out of new finds, it does mean some fields which have not been exploited because of cost are now coming into play.

So it also means crude prices going up world wide, there may well be little dips in the price when third world countries can no longer absorb the cost but this slack will be taken up very quickly.

The one thing you can be sure of is the price will continue to rise and be it Labour or Conservative it will make no difference at all.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

You can hardly blame people for being sceptical about the "oil is running out" message, wolf has been being called for as long as I remember. "Peak Oil" is only really a variation on that message, with the emphasis on when to panic moved forward from when the oil runs out to when it starts to get more expensive to extract.