Diesel prices

ayjay

Guest sandpipper

after what i put in my truck every night i.e. costing an extra £100 a day more than last year, we are going to pay for it in the long run as in your going to pay because its added to the goods you buy in the shops.

post-6853-1211906064_thumb.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bro in law runs a few lorries he's paying out over a thou a week more than last year in diesel ,he cant get most back as he cannot increase the prices for the jobs he's doing as he will become uncompetitive

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

more blockades planed for next week if the public give us support instead of moaning then it just might make the difference

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

more blockades planed for next week if the public give us support instead of moaning then it just might make the difference

I got the impression that the hauliers were this time asking for a special concession which would not be available to the private motorist. Might limit public support a bit.

Look on the bright side - you'll get you £5 voucher much sooner if you buy your fuel at Morrisons.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

The oil economist Dr Mamdouh Salameh, who advises both the World Bank and the UN Industrial Development Organisation (Unido), told The Independent on Sunday that the price of oil would now be no more than $40 a barrel, less than a third of the record $135 a barrel reached last week, if it had not been for the Iraq war.

Depends who is telling the story and why

Dr Salameh told the all-party parliamentary group on peak oil last month that Iraq had offered the United States a deal, three years before the war, that would have opened up 10 new giant oil fields on "generous" terms in return for the lifting of sanctions. "This would certainly have prevented the steep rise of the oil price," he said. "But the US had a different idea. It planned to occupy Iraq and annex its oil."

Hardly a correct statement.

Chris Skrebowski, the editor of Petroleum Review, said: "There are many ifs in the world oil market. This is a very big one, but there are others. If there had been a civil war in Iraq, even less oil would have been produced."

More to the point

And if there had been no war maybe Sadam would now be saying up yours and you get no oil unless you meet my demands.

I was in the oil industry since the seventies and Peak Oil was a factual known issue then. Yes the end result has been refined over the years but unfortunately not for the better.

For those who doubt the bucket is declining in volume I would suggest looking at the recent history of UK fields which opened and have now ceased to produce.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

trouble is were afraid of upsetting the cartel that decides the price ,mind you i expect though its them punishing us for not being moslem

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I got the impression that the hauliers were this time asking for a special concession which would not be available to the private motorist. Might limit public support a bit.

no they asked for a 25p reduction in fuel duty or the blockade would start next week

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

no they asked for a 25p reduction in fuel duty or the blockade would start next week

Hmmmm!

The fishing industry wants far more than that!

http://fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.php/a...ing_crisis.html

(I'm sure that by spending a little less on the NHS, pensions, education etc, the government ought to be able to find the cash to compensate hauliers, motorists and fishermen for the effects of record world oil prices)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Not a 25p at the pumps for every one, 25p that could be reclaimed by commercial transport.

If one studies that picture correctly it should keep the prices down in the shops, however it is probably the time to start looking at a lot of our bad transport habits.

As Gordon has stated the price increases are world wide and will not go down.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist