'Active' groundbait

Kappa

I'm looking for some groundbait that is very 'active' once in the water! I.e. its doesn't just sit there, it fizzes and some floats and then sinks etc, the idea is I want it to disperse quickly once on the bottom so it doesn't just sit there in a big pile.

Any recommendations of mixes or additives?

Rich

I'm looking for some groundbait that is very 'active' once in the water! I.e. its doesn't just sit there, it fizzes and some floats and then sinks etc, the idea is I want it to disperse quickly once on the bottom so it doesn't just sit there in a big pile.

Rich

Atomic Cloud is a pretty new product that basically just "nukes" your swim with a bright and attractive smelling groundbait. It's so good that some places are starting to ban it in matches =/

I like good old liquidised bread for basic feed, which is blended, then frozen, then blended again until it's as fine as you can get it. It sinks very slowly and doesn't fill the fish up either. PLus it's plain so you can add whatever you want to it!

Hi Richard,

Take a look here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai.../smartbait.html

May be of use.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

In this thread Budgie describes a mix using dessicated coconut, which I believe is the ingredient that makes it 'active'. Could be worth adding some to your current mix and see how it goes.

Can recommend Solars "up & down" groundbait,it is only active when used with the accompanying liquids.Just using water will not get a active response from it.Downside is that it is more expensive than other groundbaits but the "fizzing" action seems more prolonged than others i have tried.

Rich

hi rich ive been using exploding fishmeal feeder from sonubaits , i use it for groundbaiting and as a method mix .

all the tench ive caught been on this , but at £5 per 2kg can cost a lot so i mix it 2part crumb, 1 part exploding feeder, 1/2 lake red , can of corn and a hand full of dead maggot .

ive seen the feed still active 2 hours after ive put it in.

(link to sonubaits ) http://www.sonubaits.com/products/supercru...aits/exploding/

catch ya later glyn

• 1 month later...

I used some Sonubaits groundbait last week. Very good quality stuff.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE