Ugly stik 1480/015

Worms

:huh: I have one of these Maxximus 10-20lb, they were being offered cheap as seconds. Thought it a bit floppy at the time, never even got as far as the boat! Relegated to the back of the shed, they were being less than universally well received at the time if I remember, " . . . wet spaghetti action, poor rings corroding quickly . . . " :(

Dug it out of the 'sad rod heap' this evening. Mmm, a light through action for sure, but with my new thinking, as a braid equipped rod it might just be a bit of fun? I wonder, as mine is a couple of years old now, does the blank material mature with age, cos' I cant believe I could be that wrong about a blanks action :o or, is it a rod befor its time? Braid and 3 or 4oz of lead should be OK?

How things can change. :rolleyes:

SW

I have the 20/30 or it might be the 15/30 must look at the blank and clear the marbles but nevermind the rods great fun with light line, I generally use 4oz of lead with mine and even in deeper water 150ft i can get away with 5 or 6, give it a go its a real fun rod with a forgiving action and well able to handle crash diving pollack. With the no strech braid the rod gives a bit and helps to even out some of the worst feeling you get when braid fishing with a diving fish, they might well have been launched a few years too early to an audience who were'nt ready for light line fishing

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry's 12-20 Salt is still in the running though :)

Looking to test it out on 20lb plus pollock next year, haven't quite got there............................yet. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Looking to test it out on 20lb plus pollock next year, haven't quite got there............................yet. :)

The race is on then, I'm going to test the Avet out tomorrow in St. Georges Channel........mind you a 20lb pollack would be 2lb off the Welsh record :) A PB would be nice but I'll settle for a days fishing with some mates and a good skipper!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

The race is on then, I'm going to test the Avet out tomorrow in St. Georges Channel........mind you a 20lb pollack would be 2lb off the Welsh record :) A PB would be nice but I'll settle for a days fishing with some mates and a good skipper!

We have had a few good ones this summer very close to 20. bottom and middle channel. If they were spring ones, roe'd up they would definatly been over the magical twenty. Gonna give it a go in the spring.

Full report from tomorrow please.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

My cunning plan was to use it specifically as a shallower water rod for my tope exploits! The choice is narrowing now with the MTI and the Longboat a nose ahead. I may get a chance to try out a 20lb Longboat tomorrow (The skipper he say yeees!). Barry's 12-20 Salt is still in the running though :)

:lol: For "normal" size hands the MTI is perfect, but when you have a big fish on and it's fighting well I tend to grip the rod tightly, it's a great all round rod otherwise, and it's big brother, the 20/40 is great for the bigger fish. :lol:

I have two of the maxximus solid carbon rods 8' 10lb to 20lb on which I caught and boated a 18lb tope, have to say it coped very easily. The second a 6' 20lb to 40lb biggest fish 25lb tope. Both rods have performed very well the 6' has been in full use now for six years, no problem with the eyes and I only use braid for boat fishing, but both rods are showing brown stains on the whippings so I am assuming these have fine cracks allowing water to reach the eye seats. Overal they have served me well and at the price I have no complaints. I am about to retire them the lighter one with one of Stan's Alba custom built rods 8lb class, I like a challenge :lol: and a second one for Xmas spec still being worked on.

Ugly Stik 6 lb to 12lb 7'8" rod purchased two years ago used two or three times, action very poor, finish to metal on eyes rubbish, cannot really judge the rest of the rod because of low use but I certainly would not purchase another one.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist