Any HGV Drivers

Andy_1984

hi guys, im fed up with office work doing websites, letting properties, selling advertising displays and it support and computer repair all at the same time, by rights its 4 totaly different companies and the pay is CRAP! and i get treated like crap.

being an outdoors guy and love driving im thinking about a career as a HGV Driver ive been speaking to a friend whos a driver and was telling me there is a need for thousands of hgv drivers in the uk he has bounced from company to company and picking up jobs like theres no recession.

does anyone have information regarding hgv driving and possibly any funding for training to become a hgv driver

anything you have is greatly appreciated.

- Andy

held my drivings license 4 years with no convictions, accidents, or anything............ clean license all the way :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

do you have a 7.5ton license:)

3.5 is alright but more work for 7.5 ton

good luck if you do and hope you enjoy it as ive known afew that do it and get paid well..

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

nope, see i didnt know you needed a 7.5ton license, i assumed that HGV training would qualify you for all that anyway.... havnt found a website yet that states i would need a 7.5ton license.

nice stutter btw, i think AN has a few gremlins this morning

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

hgv training should gain you all the entitlements you need on your license

you can drive a 3.5 ton on a standard license

just noticed the gremlin:)lol

Edited by billy50000

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

nope you already can drive 3.5ton:)

after an advance training you get 7.5 ton too:)

dolly and drag etc etc

found this if its any good:)

http://www.advantagehgv.co.uk/

http://www.highfieldheavies.co.uk/page3.html

http://www.eptraining.co.uk/lgv_hgv_training/

Edited by billy50000

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

You could try this Andy,

http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx

your still just young enough. You could get your HGV and a whole lot of associated qualifications. You might get to fish some interesting places too.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

You used to be able to drive a 7.5 tonne vehicle on a car licence (i think you still can)

Check your licence and see if you have c1 listed on it.

Then see here Website

Its a good starting point to learn, with a 7.5 tonner. Your future employer may even fund your training up to 18 tonners and

on to 44 ton Artics ;)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

I believe if you passed your test before 01/01/1997 you can drive up to 7.5 tonnes if you passed after that date your limited to 3.5 tonnes, some faq about lorry driving courses here (N.B this is a site of someone who runs training courses but you might find the FAQ useful)

your still just young enough. You could get your HGV and a whole lot of associated qualifications. You might get to fish some interesting places too.
LOL Yes.

The Tigris and the Euphrates, not to mention the Morghab River, Amu Darya, and the Helmand.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote