Banks

chevin

For a small fee I could pass your account details to a nice bloke in Lagos who just sent me an email. PM me ....

I might be interested if he is going to give me $10,000,000. :D

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I might be interested if he is going to give me $10,000,000. :D

hardly worth it for 30p is it <_<

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

is it waggawagga 99 (better when its pronounced correctly) :D

No Mate, that comes before Westpac both in my list and my estimation.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Just went down to the Westpac branch today, gave the cashier the details of my new account and asked for my money. She looked up the details and told me that there was no money in the account. I explained the situation in that the money was going to be there today after the account was opened on Monday. "Can't help that, it's not there." Back to the enquiries desk to see someone different to who I saw Monday. Explained the whole thing to her and gave her my new account details. She looked it up and told me that there was no money in that account. I lost my cool and told her to find it, was it still in the closed non-existant accouing? "No it's not in there either". Where the hell is it then? After enough key board work to write a novel and numerous 'pnone calls she told me that it had gone back to my other bank and that if I checked there I would see it. I walked across to that bank and went to the ATM and got a statement. No money. Back to Westpac and told the same woman that. More keyboard work, more 'phone calls and she told me that it had been "Bounced back" on Monday. She asked if I had asked for transaction details because it might show up there. Back to the other bank and asked for a sheet of transaction details. No money there either. Back to Westpac to see the same woman. I pointed out that on Monday I was in the process of opening an account through their advice so that I could get the money today and now they were telling me that they had bounced either during or after that time. And anyway, surely if it went to my account on Monday it would be showing by now. She then told me it can take a little time for bounced back items to show. I understood that but with todays electronics I thought that it would bounce a bit faster than a lead cannon ball! Still no useful help so I asked for the manager. Exactly the same story there, no sympathy, no apologies, it was just pointed out to me that I had made the mistake. Yeah, a simple mistake nine days ago and because of that I am getting a run around like this. I pointed out that the money had been there on Monday, but they wouldn't give it to me, I was told -again- that they couldn't because the account was

closed/non-existant. OK, so money can be put into it, but once there it can't be taken out? I was getting back to where we started. It seems that being as I made a mistake, I can suffer the consequences and they have no intention of making things easy for me.

Edited by chevin

If you have a banking ombudsman over there, now might be a good time to start calling them :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

If you have a banking ombudsman over there, now might be a good time to start calling them :(

Television programme "Today Tonight" if I don't have that money in my hand on Monday morning. Can't do much before then but if I don't have it then I will be firing both barrels I am absolutely furious! I asked the manager why they didn't give me the money and recall what they say has gone to my account. They said that it would take ages for them to get tyhe money back and I told them that was no surprise to me but did it matter? I have waited ten days, why couldn't they wait for their money. Their next argument was that there was no security for them. If they don't know where my money is, there doesn't seem to be much security for me either. Every point I made was disqualified because they have no intention of doing one dammed thing to help me. They couldn't give me the money out of that account? If I had owed them that money and accidentally put it into that account, what do you think would have happened? Somehow I think that they would have found away to take it out of a closed/non-existent account quick smart. In fact within sconds of it getting there!

tell them to stop knobbing about and go to the big steel room they may call a SAFE and get the money now!!!:)

all this computer flaffing is bad enough but generally its the carbon based lifeform pressing the buttons that make the mistake....

it would be quicker to give them a brown paper bag and ask for your money using the term "or else" and they would quickly find your cash..

explain to them what it looks like i.e paper slips with figures and funky pictures on which are usually bundled together in bunches and used to be called cash!!:)

id have gone blooming insane and throttled someone by now!

time to get a solicitor involved (tell them too)and give them a contact detail of him/her as well(hand over COPIES of all the transaction details proving your cash movements and tell them they have 24hrs to comply otherwise you will be charging them £30 a visit until its sorted!

they will love that (they dont seem to bothered doing it)

good luck

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

I'd change banks. Not that I think there's any such thing as a good bank, just a different one.

I did change banks - 5 years ago. Unfortunately I left the Bpay address in my list and paid it into that bank by mistake.

Perhaps my anger yesterday has paid dividends. My money is in my account this morning. I put muggers above bankers these days. At least when they try to rob you you can give them a good hiding and teach them the error of their ways. But a bank is virtually untouchable in whatever they do. Somewhere along the line, they can always demonstrate legality in what they are doing.